chapter one- the beginning of mayden's mission

"What do I need to do?" I ask "You will go into that arena and you will deceive her into thinking that you are her ally. Then you will kill her." "I ca-" he interrupted saying "But nothing, I will figure it out. You are dismissed, young lady." "Yes, sir." I replied.

     Two peacekeepers walk me out. We Stumble upon a fork in the corridor. This place is built like a maze. We head toward the left hall. 

     The doors on the wall are evenly placed, These rooms are meant for prisoners, they use the rooms for torture, It's scary what happens in there. We reach door that says exit on top of it and open it and birds fly in front of us. We continue through the streets of the main street. The two peacekeepers decide to depart from walking me, the peacekeepers head back to the palace and slam the door behind them.

     I kept walking nonstop, it felt like I was walking for miles. I walked and walked. until the end of the ally way, I look left , right and see my house which is at the end of the street. I walk over there and go right into the yard. I open the door " come on hon, the announcement is about to start! " my mother invites me. I go across the hall and into the living room. I sit  gently on the couch and wait for the broadcast to begin. Now that the announcement is about to start I start thinking "if the kids has to be reaped from the existing victors, where do I come to place?"
         The anthem of panem plays on the holo-tv. Then snow appears on the screen. He starts to speak "on the fiftieth anniversary, as a reminder that two rebels died for each capitol citizen, every district was required to send twice as many tributes." He takes a pause and continues " and now we honor our third Quarter Quell" he take another pause and a boy in white gives snow a wooden box. He opens it up and takes out a card that says 75 on it. He opens it and reads off of it. "On the seventy-fifth anniversary,as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the capitol, the male and the female must be reaped from the existing pool of victors, and an extra male and a female will join." The hunger games welcome the capitol's first two tributes.