chapter 2- fear

"What!" My mom yells "NO!" I try to make it not obvious. My name must be written on all of the papers in that bowl. It doesn't make sense to plan to put me in the games and put other names in, it has to be mine all over it. I jump at the idea.
My mom starts to ponder and let out her worries. She always does that, it kind of sets me off. What if you get picked, what if... all the what if's. "Mom! SHUT UP, i'm getting worried, you're just making everything worst!" I yell "Just, please be quiet" I calm myself before letting the bomb out. "I'm gonna get some rest" I leave off to my bedroom, but before I enter the room I see scratches on my door. It was formed in a pattern of a bird. A very familiar bird. It had a circle around the bird. The bird was approaching to catch an arrow. Why does this bird look so familiar, I feel like I have seen this somewhere.

I go to sleep and I see bad dreams, bad-bad stuff. I dream about how the games will be. I don't know why but, while I was in the games, I saw a clock hanging from a tree. The clock was blue and the frame was yellow. This was the most bizarre dream I have ever had. Why would there ever be a clock in the games. It totally makes no sense to me.
An alarm set up by the capitol wakes me up. The alarm is very loud, it is made to wake up people when the games start but since people are getting reaped from the capitol, the alarm was set off to bring the kids to the city circle. I get up from my bed and get dressed in the most fancy dress I could even afford. I put it on, nicely. The dress looked kind of plain so I put on a flower bow on my hair. The dress looked way better with it. My make-up on fleek. My make-up was made up of nude colors, not over doing it, like most of the capitol.

I am ready. Ready for what? , ready to go into the arena. It is a 100% that I am going to get picked. Well off we go. I head down the hall and into the the living room. My mom wasn't there, she must be at the city circle. I head out the door and set the door aside, because it is broken. What if I die, who else will kill her, I don't know if I can kill her, I'm just not that kind of person. All I can think of is the fear that is filling me up inside.

I open the door and start walking to the city circle, everybody is walking towards the same direction, i'm really scared. I can feel the fear in the people's faces.

This woman in white comes out to the stage and says "happy 75th hunger games anniversary" she paused and continued "and may the odds be ever in your favor" there i knew i was going to be picked " I guess we will start with the girls!" She said insecurely. She pulls out the ticket and opens it, all i think is fear, she reads "Mayden Williams" thats when fear struck the most.