The Spooky Mansion

Xavier was standing at the mansion's hidden room window, staring out at a dark and stormy night.

Two hours ago, he texted his friend Kate to invite her to this haunted mansion that an unidentified girl had directed him to. Thus, he went there in search of a spooky adventure since he was bored.

Two hours ago

An elderly woman approached him as he was making his way to the mansion.

"Wait! Do you even know what's inside that mansion?" she said.

Then Xavier replied, "A girl told me to come to this address or else she'll stalk me. Or maybe she's planning something worse."

Then the elderly woman told him the tale of the enigmatic girl.

"When her parents died from a shooting when she was young, she ran out of food and drinks. And she couldn't work so she had no money to buy anything."

The woman stopped talking.

"Then?" said Xavier.

"Pay me three dollars." She smiled as she said it.

The story began to seem implausible to Xavier. She requests payment from him to simply carry on a story. He also had to pay three dollars!

Still, he was intrigued. He was curious as to whether this was true. He still paid her, though.

"Here. Now continue the story."

The woman smiled again.

"Since the girl had no food, she went to the streets to get some. But the rich kids on the street bullied her. Then months passed and she got hungrier and thirstier and sick of all the food and bullying.

So she decided to eat the people who bullied her.

Then she ate them. She loved the taste. She wanted more.

So she began kidnapping people and eating them in her basement.

Then a few weeks later, the police were investigating the disappearances of the people in the town. When they investigated more, they found the girl. And they also found out that her name is Melodie."

The woman stopped again.

"Pay me."

"Ugh."

Xavier paid her again.

"Then she escaped. Then when she was looking for a new home, she found a house that can change how it looks. It's complicated to explain but you'll figure it out yourself.

Since she cannot go out and kidnap people, she called random numbers and told them to go to this address or else she'll follow them everywhere they go. When you go to this address, you'll notice it's a house you've already been to. Then you'll see the house is turned around inside. Things and rooms on the left are on the right."

She stopped once again.

"Pay me.", said the woman once again.

"Come on! You're telling a story! Why should I keep on paying you?!", asked Xavier.

"Because I'm really good at teaching. And I should get paid well.

Now, my money?"

Xavier handed her the cash while wearing a furious expression.

The woman then gave him advice on how to avoid her. She also warned him that if he doesn't call the person he is closest to, that person could also be in danger.

So then Xavier went inside.

Abruptly, however, he realized that the old lady had not given him instructions on how to get out. Just how to hide...and that she is incredibly knowledgeable.

When he turned to ask her again, she had vanished from view.

"How could she disappear so fast?", he thought.