Chapter 4

Audrey felt like her mind was spinning out of control. She went from fighting in what seemed like a never-ending war to traveling into a reality that is not her own. Meeting up with the counterparts of those she believed to have died when the final battle first began. Now she knows that the ones in her world are still alive and are helping. It warmed her heart to know that even in their new forms, the others were doing all they could to help them, but that didn't mean all their problems were solved. If Cassandra really could cross between realms and Jacob was still alive, albeit as a golem now, they should've been able to cross over into their world. Instead, they seem to be remaining in the Library. They theorized that meant two things. Either the void that the Library now resided in was too vast for either of them to cross over, or they were choosing to remain there. "They're protecting it." She came to the thought on her own when the theory was put out there. It made the most sense to her. "Just because the Library is in the void doesn't mean it's unattainable. If we know how to get it, then what we're fighting against also knows how too, and they're staying in the void to keep it safe." The more she thought about it, the more it made sense to her. Whenever they discovered a new artifact in her world, those in the rebellion called it a stroke of luck or that they were being watched over by a guardian angel. She hadn't known what to think, but a part of her did always feel it was something more than just luck.

She knew better than anyone else here what her world was up against. She's been dealing with the darkness from its first appearance and knew first-hand how dangerous it was. A lot of those artifacts that had magically shown up really were the deciding factor in many battles. They helped to save the lives of herself and their team of brave men and women so many times. It felt wrong to keep calling what they were fighting Morgan Le Fay but there was nothing else she could say. If she told them the real name, it would set things in motion that this world was nowhere near ready for. She just hoped that when it does appear in this timeline, they'll be able to handle it better than they did in her world.

It was hard, having to hold back information that she knew would help them so much. How many nights did she lay awake, wishing someone had warned them of what was to come. Now she was in that very position, but she knew if she did, the fate of what could come would be so much worse than the reality she was facing now. So she bite her tongue and held back parts of the truth, explaining what she could. 

Now that they understood what happened, they could better prepare for everything. However, just because they knew how she had traveled between the worlds doesn't mean they knew how to send her back. That's why it felt like her mind was currently spinning at this point. She had been in this world for the past two weeks, and they were no closer to figuring out how to send her back than they were when they first started. She hadn't left the Library since she arrived. This wasn't her world, and her counterpart was out there, living a life that thought magic was only in fairytales. They couldn't run the risk of the two meeting. 

Every day she would pour over book after book that involved interdimensional travel. Every passage that was written having dealt with the observation of when time travel was first invented. How traveling between the realms worked. The different ideas and spells that were crafted over the generations. Whenever they had the time, Jenkins and the others would help her with the research. Cassandra and Flynn were working out the mathematical problems, and probabilities of using the spells they knew and the artifacts they had that had the magic for world traveling. Jenkins and Jacob poured over every story and historical event that was recorded involving a person going between the realities. Ezekiel, with the supervision of Eve, looked through the government records of experimental plans and equipment that were either currently or had in the past been used to test the probability of traveling to other dimensions. They had a lot of ideas and theories but no final product. Traveling between the worlds isn't easy, and if they didn't get this right, she could end up falling out of reality and get stuck between the realms for all of eternity.