Chapter three; Preparation

George woke up in the little corner of blankets he made, he didn't mean to fall asleep there but it was pretty comfortable to say the least.

"Why where you sleeping on the floor?" Dream laughed, picking up the blankets on George's lap so he could get up. He placed them in a pile at the end of George's bed and saw his hoodie. Dream had noticed this a lot recently, he wasn't sure why George had his hoodie at all times, but he didn't mind, it was kind of cute.

"I didn't mean to, I just fell asleep." George put the hoodie on his lap and stared at the floor due to him being tired. Dream walked over and sat down next to him, putting his head on George's shoulder. At first, George was tense, he had came to the realization he was having some sort or romantic attraction to Dream and now this was happening.

"Can I have your outfit for tomorrow? I need to iron it." Dream said, closing his eyes. George didn't move his head but he looked at Dream and saw he had a warm smile on his face. George would've made him get off, but seeing the smile on his face and how comforted he looked by it, he couldn't bring himself to get him off.

"I don't have any clean clothes." George lied, praying Dream would let him borrow a hoodie. He had Dream's hoodie already, but it lost why he really took it. If he wanted a hoodie of Dream's, he would ask him to buy him one, but the reason he wanted Dream's hoodie in particular was the smell. To George, different people had different scents, some were comforting and others wasn't, Dream's was by far the most comforting.

"Oh, you can borrow a hoodie of mine or a shirt?" Dream said, sitting up straight, George missed how close he was almost immediately, even though Dream was right next to him. Unfortunately for George, Dream had moved infront of him so they were face to face.

"Thank you."

"George, I love you, a lot, okay?" Dream said, looking down at the ground. George was confused, he couldn't tell if this was a confession or just a thing Dream often did.

"Where's this coming from?" George questioned, not wanting to admit he had some sort of romantic feelings towards him too. If he did and Dream didn't mean it in that way, he'd be extremely embarrassed.

"Can I not remind you I love you?" The blonde sounded...hurt. George couldn't quite pin point what it was but he sounded either hurt or offended, he couldn't tell.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't tell what you meant." George felt guilty, he felt like he made Dream think he did something wrong when he simply said he loved him.

"What did you think I meant by it?" Dream asked, George shook his head and tried to think of a way to change the subject.

"Nothing, did you want this hoodie back or can I keep it?" George handed Dream the hoodie, he examined it for a few seconds before throwing the hoodie back at him.

"Uh, no you can keep it. You use it more than me anyways." Dream smiled and walked out the room to get an outfit for George, he was slightly less worried about George because he seemed to be talking to him and getting closer again.

George grabbed a pillow and burried his face into it the second Dream shut the door. He just wanted these stupid feelings to leave so he could he happy around his best friend once again, he didn't like the fact he got butterflies around him, or the feeling of Dream's head still pressed against his shoulder despite him not even being there, and he certainly didn't like the fact he needed Dream to be around him at all times or he'd feel incomplete.

George needed Dream to be around, he felt like he was annoying him by being in his actual presence, but having something of Dream's made him feel a little better when he was on his own. George assumed it was because he hated being alone, but he knew deep down it was because he was in love with Dream. Without even thinking about it he grabbed his phone and clicked on Dream's contact.

George
i love you

He immediately regretted sending that text but he needed Dream to know he loved him. George couldn't stop thinking about how bad he must've made Dream feel when he didn't say he loved him back. He started to panic, maybe Dream took it the wrong way and thought he liked him, but that wouldn't make sense because he did like Dream.

George was certain he had feelings for Dream, but he had never had feelings like this before. These romantic feelings weren't feeling she were familiar with, he thought they would pass within a few days but he had had them since he moved in with Dream.

George's thoughts were put to a stop when he felt the phone vibrate in his hand.

Dream
i love you too

George nearly screamed into his pillow, he was basically hugging his phone at this point. This message meant a lot to him, it meant so much to him and he didn't know why. Dream said "I love you", all the time to George so why was it so different now, especially over a stupid text.

It was a stupid text yet he still decided to screenshot it so he could look back on it when he felt alone.

George didn't understand himself sometimes. Why was he feeling alone when he lived with his two best friends? He could go in Dream's room and literally hug him yet he still locked himself in his room and hugged Dream's hoodie. Sometimes it felt like he was alone even though he had his two best friends next door. He could always talk to Sapnap but he knew he wouldn't be able to keep a secret.

He just needed to prepare himself.

1022 words