.𝟎𝟐

Layla Hart

present

It reeks disgustingly like bo and weed.

why did i agree to come again? oh yeah, to get away.

i start searching for the kitchen, following the line of people with empty red solo cups. i always get lost in big houses no matter how many people there are.

i come in view with the kitchen counter which has different types of alcohol on top of it.

searching the counters, i spot an unopened bottle of vodka. hm, what a perfect day.

grabbing the bottle i make my way out the back door. the breeze feels nice.

just as i begin to open the bottle, the door opens. a girl with platinum blonde hair walks out. i'm pretty sure i've seen her around the area before.

"hey, you're in my neighborhood , right?" turning to answer her i reply, "yeah i think so."

"well good because i needed someone that doesn't have a problem with me here. everyone in there hates me with a passion."

"well i honestly don't give a fuck what everyone thinks. so you're good out here."

"thank god," the girl comes to sit next to me, "so, what's your reason to being out here by yourself?"

"people annoy me."

"i like you already, my names bree by the way."

"layla."

"well nice to meet you but i should probably head out. oh btw do u happen to go to Jensen Beach High School? might be nice to have someone there that doesn't hate me."

"wait, i think i do? im not 100% sure since i dont start until monday."

"if you do, you're welcome to sit with me at lunch." bree looks at her hands, she looks nervous to ask me that.

"yeah, that would be awesome. but i have a twin brother so do you mind if he sits with us also? he will seriously murder me in my sleep if i leave him alone."

"of course," bree twirls her hair around her finger. "im going to go flip some people off then head out. bye!"

"oka-" and she's gone.

i've been out here almost all night. no one really bothered me except a few drunk people stomping to find the bathroom.

at this point, i think everyone is drunk. i'm convinced there's not one sensible person inside.

i obviously am not thinking clearly because of the vodka in my veins, because my dumb ass decides to walk inside.

you know what? i'm a bad bitch i can handle maybe seeing a little bit of drug action. it's not that big of a deal.

yeah i lied. not about being a bad bitch, obviously. but about being able to handle it. i cant.

as soon as i walk in i see lines of coke on the table and people hunched up over it. this is a bad idea. turn around and get the hell out of here.

don't u dare. and i did it. i walked over to the table searching for landon. i wasn't expecting him to be in the middle of snorting a line.

i cant. i cant deal with this again.

my breathing starts excelling while i shake violently. no, not here. anywhere but here.

i have to get out of here. turning away to go to the bathroom or somewhere, anywhere i hear my name being called. just barely. it's enough to make me stop in my tracks. it sounds like him, my blood boils.

no. no.

this is not happening right now. absolutely not.

it's his fault.

then something strange happens. it's not his voice calling me. it's hers.

authors note/ i have no idea why my chapters are so short but i'm gonna try to make them longer later. i couldn't wait any longer to post this.