Two

Chapter Two: First Day

-

"Okay, class dismissed!"

Ah shit. I fell asleep.

The first day at school ngayon and great I slept through half of first period.

It was potions class anyway. Plus Professor Philippa was just talking about how we should look at a great tomorrow for our academic year.

Ugh. First day and I'm still sleepy and it's not even half the day!

"Zelestine! Saan ka pupunta?" Tanong ni Farrah saakin.

I looked at my watch and class schedule. "Health class."

"Free period natin ngayon until before lunch kase may emergency meeting daw yung teachers." Sabi ni Eloise. "They announced it right before Professor Philippa dismissed us."

"Oh, sorry I fell asleep throughout the class," I said making them laugh.

They gestured for me to come with them so I did.

"Ano kaya ang pag me-meetingan ng mga teachers? First day palang ah." Curious na sambit ni Eloise.

We made our way to the library and found a table.

"They probably are planning this year's Acquaintance Ball. Sabi ng Ate ko na every year may ganoon raw." Sabi ni Farrah.

Acquaintance Ball?

Great now I have to worry about what I'll wear for that event.

"Oh yeah, Farrah. Aren't your sister the student body Vice President like three years ago?" Eloise asked.

"Oo, pero hindi siya naging special fairy or kung ano yung tawag saatin. Sa dorm lang sya pero top siya sunod dun sa President nila." Sagot naman ni Farrah.

"How about you, Zelestine? Did you have any family members that are alumni of the school?" Eloise suddenly asked.

"Hmm? I knew my second great-grandmother was a graduate here." Sagot ko. "My parents didn't go here, my grandmother was the one who enrolled me here. Sabi niya she learned great things here."

"Anong pangalan ng grandmother mo?" Tanong nanaman ni Eloise.

"Uh, I call her Grandma Fell. I think her full name is Felicia Del Juana but of course, now she's married. Her maiden surname is Wagner."

Farrah stood up. "Your grandmother is Felicia Wagner? THE Felicia Wagner?"

Nagtinginan kami ni Eloise.

Dali daling umalis si Farrah at bumalik sya na may dalang yearbooks. Inilapag niya ito sa mesa at binuksan ito.

"Here look!" She said while showing us the page.

The header of the page had 'Freesia Heroes' and there she was.

I kept reading the description of the page.

... Our awesome heroes and the elite team have shown courage and bravery against the threats we went through over the past year.

Hmm. It said here she was part of Alpheus. Wow.

"She was one of the few who led the elite army through the Selendrian War against the now-dissolved Westrikos kingdom," Farrah explained.