two

I miss you - blink - 182⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

harry

I weaved througout the club, in search of Dylan who was surely way too drunk to be off on her own right now. I had started asking around if anyone had seen her about ten minutes ago, but nobody was sober enough to give me a coherent response. I was starting to get worried. Making my way over to the bar, I went towards the first person I saw.

I subtly coughed, hoping she would notice my presence, she didn't turn around so I spoke up. "Excuse me." I said loud, so she could hear me over the music. For a second she was silent, didn't react at all but as awkward time went by, she visbily tensed.

"May I help you?" Her voice was familar, I could tell she had a slight accent but I couldn't pin point if I knew her or not. I awkwardly cleared my throat because she still had not turned around, maybe she was a fan and knew who I was and she didn't want to make a fool out of herself? Either way, something just wasn't right here.

"Have you seen a girl, dark hair, maybe 5'8, beautiful, wearing a shimmery silver dress?" I asked her, repeating the same question that I have asked about twenty other people in the club.

She swiftly turned around. "You're looking for Dylan?" She scoffed and for a second I didn't see, I didn't realize who the girl standing before me was. She was even more beautiful than she was four years ago,if thats even possible, which I doubt because i'm pretty sure in my eyes she was the most beautiful girl in the world, now she's..she's a godess. This had to be a joke, maybe a dream? She couldn't actually be standing right infront of me. This couldn't be real.

"Ella?" My voice spoke so quietly I could barely hear it myself.

Her eyes were averted towards the ground. She stayed silent for a few moments and when she decided to speak up her voice was quiet, gravelly, cracking with each word. "Nice to see you again, Harry."

My eyes stayed frozen on her. Her soft red hair cascades down her shoulders beautifully, and her hazel eyes were still soft, but they didn't have the same glimmer that they used to. She had grown into her figure, her dress hung tightly at her waist and her chest was no longer non existent as it was four years ago. She was, beautiful, perfect, she was Ella.

In this moment I didn't know what to say, there was too much to say and it was like my mouth was sewn shut because I couldn't bring myself to say any of it. I didn't know how to fix this, theres no way I can fix this.

In a split second Ella's eyes softened and a fake smile quickly spread across her lips. I was confused for a second, my eyebrows furrowed. I was going to speak up, stop being such a baby but I when a frail hand landed on my shoulder all the words were gone, and I was speechless again.

"Harry." Dylan slurred, latching herself onto my arm. I shifted uncomfortably under Ella's gaze.

"Hi, babe." I said quickly, hoping Ella wouldn't catch it, but I could see her jaw clench from the corner of my eye.

"Dylan? You're dating the Harry Styles? Oh my God!" Her facade quickly came back, acting as if it was the coolest thing ever. Like she didn't know me, and all I was, was some famous boyband member. Maybe thats all I really am to her now, it would make sense.

"I know right? Told you he was better than a spy." Ella laughed fakely in response, I cringed. She never was good at hiding her true feelings.

I was going to excuse myself from the conversation and get as far away from here as possible but before I could speak up Dylan grabbed my chin, connecting our lips in a sloppy kiss.

I tensed, but quickly responded to Dylan's lips on mine. When I backed away from Dylan, Ella looked flustered and angry. I felt even more uncomfortable because Ella was standing right infront of me. Ella, my Ella.

-

"Hey Dyl, I've had a lot of fun tonight but I should get going." Ella spoke up, gathering her stuff. Dylan pouted but didnt try to stop her from leaving.

"Let me drive you." I offered, my voice sounded high and shaky as I spoke.

"Im fine, I can call a taxi." She subtly rolled her eyes at me.

"Ella, just let him drive you! You both need to get along because you're both the most important people in my life." She rambled and Ella looked like she had a dilemma.

"Fine. You can drive me." She spoke dryly, making her way towards the front entrance.

"Ella, wait!" I caught up to her tugging on her arm, pulling her back into me accidentally. She gasped and quickly pushed herself off of me. "Im sorry, its just... could we leave out the back entrance?" I asked her, trying to sound calm, but the feeling of her being against me was still fresh in my mind.

"What? You don't want to be seen with me Harry? Are you too famous now?" Her words sounded like venom and the harshness of her voice made me back up a step.

"No, Ella, It's nothing like that... It's just I don't want any rumors flying around that you're my girlfriend." Ella started blushing furiously, I could even see it under the dim club lighting.

"You're right I guess. Wouldn't want my boyfriend seeing that in 'Peoples' new issue." I tensed at her mention of having a boyfriend but played it off.

"Lets go then." I sad quietly as we made our way to the back door.

I called the number of the valet and told them I was waiting out back. They came in the matter of minutes.

While we made our way to the car Ella's phone began to ring. She looked at it quickly and ignored it while the sound of the cheesy ringtone filled up the car. "Well aren't you going to answer that?" I questioned, trying to get rid of the silence.

"Are you going to drive or sit here asking me questions?" She fired back and turned to face the window.

"Why are you acting like a child?" I asked her out of annoyance.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe it's because the guy who broke my- I mean who was my best friend who left me for four years suddenly re appears in my life and is dating my fucking best friend? And even better than that he's acting like I have no reason to be mad about him being gone." The words tumbled out of her mouth quickly, like she had been holding them in for hours.

"Im S-"

"Save it." She said, her voice lacking any emotion.

We drove back to her house in complete silence.

...........

okay hey guys

I know this chapter is pretty short but I promised you guys id update once a week and its been like 3 or 4 so I wanted to post it.

and I know this is a very typical plot for a story but I began this in 2012 or so, and back then it was a good idea so if you aren't reading for that reason you shouldn't bc I'm going to really try and make this book original!

Please please please remember to vote AND comment!

okay ill try to update soon!

twitter: @stylinnsunsets

love you all
- maya