Careful

"Where'd you go after detention?" Lizzie asks once Josie has rejoined the rest of the witches in the library.

"I just went to check on Hope."

"Oh, I see."

"There's nothing to see. I just wanted to make sure she was okay after her outburst."

"The pretty new witch had an outburst and you saw an opportunity to swoop in and comfort her."

"You think she's pretty?"

"Well, duh. She's totally hot. Did you make her feel better?" she asks smugly.

"Not like that," Josie rolls her eyes. "I watched her draw for a bit, we talked a little. She has a really difficult past."

"Everyone in here has lost something," Lizzie reminds her. "Why else do you think we're all screwed up?"

"Well, she's lost more than most. Between you and me, she lost both of her parents last year, and apparently her dad was a real scumbag-type."

"I love how much you care for people, and I admire you for trying to help, but be careful with this one, Jo," Lizzie warns. "Seeing how she blasted all of us earlier today, maybe the headmaster had a reason to be fearful of admitting her."

"She's really powerful," Josie nods. "I siphoned her to get her to calm down, and I felt more power than I've felt with any other witch, even Aunt Bonnie."

"Maybe there's a reason. I'm starting to think there's something she's not telling us," Lizzie narrows her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Josie scoffs. "Maybe she's just a witch from a powerful bloodline with anger issues."

"Like your ex Penelope?"

"Not just her," Josie rolls her eyes again. "There's tons of others floating around here."

"Yeah, well the school took all them in without batting an eye."

"Lizzie and Josie Saltzman," Mr. Williams calls for them. "You have a phone call."

He hands Josie the phone and she puts it on speaker.

"Hi, girls."

"Hi, dad," Josie greets as Lizzie stays silent.

"How's school been?" he asks weakly.

"Everything's been good," Josie says cheerfully, trying to make up for her sister's rudeness. "I didn't know you were allowed access to your phone in rehab."

"I'm not at rehab anymore, I'm home."

"You completed your treatment?" Josie asks. "Two weeks ahead of schedule, I'm so proud of you. When do you think we can come see you? We'd love to-"

"No, Josie. I, um, I left."

The smile on Josie's face falls.

"What do you mean you left?" Lizzie pipes up and takes the phone out of her sister's hands.

"The whole thing just wasn't really for me," he makes up an excuse.

"You mean getting better for your daughters isn't for you?" Lizzie challenges.

"It's not that, I just-"

"You're too selfish and weak to try and give up alcohol, to even pretend to care about your daughters for a second," Josie hangs up the phone.

Her monotonous tone is enough to really concern Lizzie.

"Jo, do you want to talk about it?" Lizzie offers.

Josie shakes her head.

"Do you want to go back to the dorm and do twin cuddles?"

"No," she shakes her head again. "I just want to be alone right now."

She walks back over to Dorian and hands him the phone back.

"Mr. Williams, may I please go outside? I need some air," she asks politely.

He takes it that the call didn't go well by the pout of Josie's lip and the glazed over look in her eyes.

"Of course, just remember, stay on the school grounds," he reminds her.

"Don't worry, I'll stay within the boundaries of the school, I know the rules."

The last time Josie broke a rule, well, when the entire football team broke a rule by picking a fight with the local high schoolers, they all had to do community service in town. Let's just say, Josie doesn't want to get stuck doing that again.

"I want you back in your room before curfew."

"Got it," Josie says as she slips out the back door.