9: ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ

Ok before I start— look at this 💀

https://www.tiktok.com/@eulogyl/video/7191937174168816902

I'M CRYING THE LAST ONE 😭 
anyways–

~~

I rocked back and forth in a ball, Tsireya and my mother by my side. They were wiping my tears and rubbing my back, helping me so it wouldn't cause another panic attack. Just then, my father and brother walked back over with a smile.

"What happened?" I looked up and sniffled.
"He's gone." Aonung smirked, proud of himself.

"You killed him?!?" The three of us on the floor yelled in sync.

"No, of course not, he ran away," My dad replied.
We sighed in relief but happiness.

I questioned, "Where?"

"The forest, far away. I told him to never come back or he will be cursed by Eywa."

"Thank you," I stood up and hugged him tightly.

He replied, "Anything for my little Eyrina,"

~~

I still didn't feel safe. It was already eclipse time and I was still sat in the marui, knowing I wasn't safe. Knowing he would come back. 

The rest of my family were eating in the communal are with everyone else, and Neteyam walked over to my marui with two leaf-wrapped meats, one half eaten, and the second one hardly touched. He sat down next to me and handed me the un-eaten one.

"Thanks," I slowly started nibbling on the food. I wasn't really hungry.
"Why didn't you come for food?" He asked.
I sighed.
"It's this guy. Axto. He's.. he just...."
"It's okay, you don't have to tell me," He said.
"No it's fine," I replied, "He's 20. When I was a kid he..–" I burst into tears, "He came back, and—" I couldn't continue my sentence and Neteyam pulled me into a side hug, which then turned into a warm bear hug.
"You get it," I sighed, wiping the tears that were rolling down my cheeks.
"You're safe with me." He reassured me over and over.
"Well, he's gone now, but he came back after so many years. I was a kid, Neteyam—"
There were a lot of tears, but Neteyam got it.
"He's sick. But you're okay, you're safe now." 

And once again, I fell asleep in his company.
I slept on his shoulder, then he laid me down onto the floor.
I reached my hand as he walked out.
"Don't leave me Neteyam," 
He came back and carried me to a vacant marui that no one lived in, and we slept there.

"Don't leave me Neteyam," He came back and carried me to a vacant marui that no one lived in, and we slept there

(Just giving y'all an idea)

~~

The next morning I woke up in the Marui, I felt the sun shining through the roof of the hut, and I turned to my side, I saw Neteyam peacefully sleeping.

He looked so cute whilst sleeping. I smiled.— wait, did I like him? But like‒ 2 seconds ago I liked Lo'ak. But Lo'ak's mad at me. What? Who do I like? Do I even like them or is this like a phase or something, ugh.
I sighed out loud in frustration without even noticing, and I woke up Neteyam accidentally. He rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Neteyam I'm so sorry—" I apologised, but he spoke.
"Don't worry, I'm supposed to wake up at this time anyway.

~~

NETEYAM'S POV:

I was sleeping when I heard a grunt, causing me to wake up. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, just about to sit up when I saw Eyrina. She looked at me then started apologising. I think it's 'cos she thought she woke me up, I mean, she did, but I didn't want to be mean. It was an accident.
"It's okay, I'm supposed to wake up at this time anyway," I tucked her hair back behind her ears and she smiled.
"Morning Rina,"
"I forgot about that nickname," She giggled.
I laughed.
"Well morning, Tey," She teased.

At this point I totally forgot that Lo'ak told me he liked Eyrina.