Part 1: CHRISTMAS

||Rosé's POV||
I was doing my hair in my lilac room upstairs, listening to k-pop songs when my mother, Mrs. Chan calls me for breakfast in the dinning, she yelled my name several times till I ran downstairs and almost fell.

"what were you doing upstairs? you wasted so much time", mum asked in anger "sorry mum, I was doing my hair", I replied.

We sat on the dinning chairs to have breakfast we held hands to pray. For breakfast we had toast, tea what Nigerians call hot cocoa, sunny side egg, orange juice and coffee for my mother.

"mom, can I throw a Christmas party please please please?" I asked not too late after the prayers
"no!" Mum refused sharply. I didn't expect a yes from her but mum still decided to explain herself further.

"Your father isn't here with us in Nigeria, how do want us to celebrate Christmas without him, it's wrong, christmas is a family thing and everyone would want to celebrate it with their families?".

I understood my mother's point and did my best to make her understand that dad not being there doesn't warrant for us having a boring time, "and mum he'll probably be enjoying himself in the US" I ended my sentence.

My mum was still firm with her decision but it was not in any place in my mind to give up, I was ready to throw that party.

I invited all my friends over and they gathered in my dinning, Sam short of Samantha, was sitting backwards on a chair with her chin leaning on the back of the chair, Ruth was sitting decently with her legs crossed, Tiffany was leaning on the table and using her phone, Kylie was waiting eagerly to listen to what I had to say while her face rested on her palms, then I rang her tiny bell to declare the meeting open.

Me
"ok girls, we need to focus, I called you guys here because I need you guys for the preparations of this party".

Sam
"So you're finally admitting that you need our help cause that's all I'm hearing".

Tiffany
"definitely, why wouldn't she?"

I began discussing the party to my friends, I told them the party would be on the night before Christmas eve, by 4PM-6PM while my mum was on night shift. I also warned them to keep it a secret from my mum.

Ruth was a bit sceptical about keeping the party a secret from her friends mum, she was always the good girl trying to protect her image. She told everyone her mind but they all came at her.

Tiffany says "shut it! is it so hard to just keep a secret, would it kill you?", "don't worry lilac I got this, see Ruth, lilac's mum doesn't approve of her having the party but she's having it anyways, you get?" Kylie contributed.

Kylie and Mrs Chan refer to me, Rosé as Lilac because I am obsessed with the color. Kylie is one of my childhood friends, we have been friends since I was 4 years old

Ruth started to praise my mum, her character, her job and she told us that my mum is her role model, she also speaks of how she building lives and she'll be disappointed if I was throwing a party.

My other friends didn't let her finish her sentence, they all insulted her so she shut up and agreed to do it for her friend, Rosé.

"So what do you want us to do?" Tiffany asked me. I told Tiffany to invite 15 guest only, this time I was ready to cut off extra guest, I told Kylie, my fashion designer to sew us some little Mrs. Santa outfits for the presentation we have been practicing for, I asked Sam to go food shopping since she's the foodie and I asked Ruth to plan order of events, I decided to take care of decorations.