Scene 5

Akilan pov :

Akilan pov :

"Coming Friday is your engagement. " Mom says to me.

I just nods at her.

"Akilan we have so much of work"

"Yes maa" I replied while looking at my phone.

"Tommorrow we all planned to go for shopping. You should also accompany us."

"Mom I have so much of work tom...."

"Adhirai is coming" Amma says while leaving.

"Be ready by 9 clock."I heard her shouting.

I still don't know, that how this arranged marriage is going to work out. Never been on relationship before, I don't know what I have to see, nothing. All. Am doing is going in a flow, just hope this marriage will work. I just hope we both won't end up in loveless marriage.

                       _____________

"I think this saree suits her" maa says by keeping the light pink saree on her.

Adhirai showed it to her dad who inturn smiled and said good to her. My eyes calculative looks at her, it is good. But.....

She looked at me and raised her eyebrow at me.

I nods as no.

"Maa I don't want it" she immediately said.

I looked shocked at her.

'Is my answer is very important for her?'

My eyes then looked at the saree sections. And then I asked the salesman to take out the green color saree.

"This" I says by showing towards to my mom.

"Go and ask her." Mom replies and pushed me towards her.

"Can you please try this only if you like. " I says to which she nods and asked the sales girl to help.

"It is very good" her mom says.

Her eyes slowly moved towards my side.

I smiled at her.

"Pack this" her words came.

"Thank god, atlast she settled with this saree. Akilan you should have accompanied with us before itself instead of arriving bit late." her dad said to which she glared at him.

                      ___________

Today is our engagement, our both family settled with simple engagement and marriage.

" Look at yourself Akilan. You are so dashing in this shirt and pant. " selva says.

" I hope this is a real compliment" I replied by combing my hair.