Chapter 4

Kats POV:

As the next day rose, I woke up once again in annoyance. "I hate mornings." I told myself with an eye roll. However I got dressed anyway in light blue ripped jeans and a a red tank top. After breakfast, the clock hit 9. I spent about 3 hours reading when I got a text.

~𝐢𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞~

𝐍𝐞𝐫𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐲🤓
You busy rn?

𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐞
Not really, why?

𝐍𝐞𝐫𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐲🤓
Hang out? I'm bored.
We can try out some new songs

𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐞
Hell yeah, I'm omw
𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑 12:15𝑝𝑚

~𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲~

Kaylas POV:

As the afternoon came around, I decided why not go on a walk? I got dressed in a floral pink tshirt and white ripped jeans, then left. The day was beautiful for the summer. It was sunny and about 70°. I decided to go to the park across from Kats job, and just enjoy nature. I put my head down, and watched my feet with every step I took. I always found steps quite interesting, I've never been sure why.

Soon enough, I accidentally ran into somebody. Of course, I flew to the ground on impact. "Holy- shit I'm sorry-" I started. I looked up and met the sandy blondes gaze. "George?" I questioned. As soon as he looked at me, I could feel my cheeks start to flush. "Uh- I'm sorry. I didn't see you. How are you?" I questioned. He just smiled at me and offered his hand to help me up. "It's okay, I didn't see you either. Im alright, how are you?" He questioned.

"Im alright, just a little bored. I have the weekends off and I figured I'd go for a walk to kill time." I shrugged.

"Oh, we'll do you mind if I walk with you?" He questioned. I just nodded, and waved for him to follow me. "So, what brings you here?" I asked him.

"Same as you, just trying to kill time." He responded with a small smile. "Fair enough. So how'd you meet Kat?"

"Well I didn't, Blake did. He spilled coffee on her in the library by accident and ever since he wouldn't shut up about her until he got her number." He explained.

I couldnt help it, I laughed.

"Really? That is actually hilarious." I responded mid-laugh.

For the next hour or so, the two of us just talked. It was nice. For some reason, he made me feel better about myself. Well, just better in general.

He did eventually say he had to go practice with the boys though, so I asked for his number. I put his contact name as "George of the Jungle". He in return asked for my instagram. Once I gave it to him, we parted ways and I headed to Aaron's house.

When I got the follow, I checked the account to follow back. Boy was I in for a surprise.

Quickly, I called Aaron and told him to look up the band New Hope Club. This was possibly the biggest shock I've ever experienced.

Kats POV:

I quickly got everything I needed, and ran out the door. Of course, I tripped on my way out. No, I didn't fall. I just barely caught myself. I rolled my eyes, but continued running down the street. Luckily, Aaron just lived down the block.

When I got there, I did the usual. I let myself in and just went to the living room. I was met with a grinning Aaron. "You look excited." I said. Aaron just nodded and waved me over to his computer. "Look what I found. Your friends." He stated. I looked at him in confusion. Friends?

He moved the screen on his laptop towards me so I could see what he was on about. As I unfortunately predicted, he was watching a video of New Hope Club doing a cover of Señorita by Shawn Mendes. Ugh.

"You didn't tell me they were a boy band" he smirked. "Well I didn't know until last night." I shrugged and sat down next to him. He turned off the video soon after, dismissing my statement and showing me their following. 1.1M subscribers.

My jaw dropped.

"They're famous?!"