Chapter 1

Spinning around to the music from my headphones, I snicker at Jackson as he raises an eyebrow, we both flinch as the doors bust open after a difficult week. Hiding my headphones, I stand by Jackson as we both get ready to give this fight our all, bracing ourselves for the first hits we could get in. 

     Listening to the different voices, Jackson widens his eyes, "Guys?!? In here!! Let us out!!" 

     "Shut up! They could be more guards!" I hiss at him as he bangs on the door, his muscle making it hard for me to move him much. 

     He shakes his head at me, looking me in the eye, "No Re-re! It's some of Grace's team! Guys!!"

     The door opens without much more talking, making me fly forward to try and get them if they are guards. Jackson scoops me out the air before it lands, restraining me as I hiss at him in frustration, making him snicker.

     "Well, I guess I don't need to ask which is who's sibling?" A voice says as I dead weight in Jackson's arms.

     Glaring at the small group of people at the door, I sneer at them, "Let us out! I want to see my sister!"

     "Ah. The bad part first then," The other says as all three of them frown, "Trudy died in the initial attack. She couldn't even be recovered."

     My heart breaks as I let out a sob, pushing out of Jackson's arms, falling to the ground as I bow my head. Curling up in a ball, I press my head against the cement of our cell, crying my eyes out as my heart aches with loss. Registering Jackson running from the room quickly, I'm quick to follow behind him, pushing myself to keep up through my tears. Coming to the med bay, I cover my mouth as I see Grace in one of the beds, turning my face to the wall as Jackson drops to his knees. Suddenly remembering Trudy's avatar, I wipe my eyes as I stand on shaky legs to see if they kept it just in case, silently begging that she's still here somewhat. 

     Pushing through arms, I head straight towards where they put her, sucking in calming breaths as I pass by Jackson's own avatar. 

Norm's Pov-

     Stopping the others, I get a soft look on my face as I watch her go straight for Trudy's unused avatar, "Let her see her. She'll be hers soon enough."

     "But sir?" One said as I smile as she touches her forehead to the glass of her sister's tank.

     Shaking my head, motioning over to where Jake and Neytiri stand, "Her and Trudy were like Jake and his brother. She will be able to use her sister's avatar."

     That makes them look on in awe as she whispers to the tank, but I focus on Jackson as he holds his sister's hand. 

     "Jackson? Would you like to be with your avatar? Grace is going to live past today," I ask as he settles with seeing her still breathing. 

     He turns partially to me, his eyes on the floor, "Ask me again after you ask Re-re. We both lost so much without knowing this past week, her answer will be mine."

     Nodding to him, I smile as I know they have always been basically siblings, even their avatars looking alike. Heading off to Jake, I send one last sad smile towards Rene as she silently cries beside the tank.

     "What took so long in the cells?" Jake asks as Neytiri snickers at my human height, making me smile.

     Pointing to Trudy's tank, I sigh, "We had an incident with letting Jackson and Rene out. She came out swinging on us. Jackson is with Grace, and Rene is beside her sister's tank."

     "Why's she by the tank? She won't be able to use the avatar?" He asks, confusion written on his face.

     A commotion causes me to pause as I whip around, Rene ordering people around to get the avatar from the tank so she can create a link. My face drops as I realize what she's doing, starting to run for the link room as she marches there after calling for Jackson.