The moment we met

It was 9:00 in the evening when Ni-ki decided to open his fridge only to find it empty, he sighed.

He lazily went his way to the door, reaching for the thick coat as it was snowing outside. He needed to go to the grocery store to buy something to eat.

The nearest grocery store was only meters away, but for him it was like a very long haul; not to mention it was freezing.

As he looks around, he noticed a white blanket of snow covering pretty much almost everything.

Entering the store, Ni-ki noticed there were less people which made him feel at ease. He liked things calm and quiet, that's how he's been living his life.

As he was heading towards where the the items in his list would be, he passed by the ice cream isle.

"wouldn't hurt if I treat myself"

He browsed through the ice cream flavors the store had, there he spotted a mint choco flavored ice cream, which he was already thinking of getting; however there was only one left.

He slid the fridge open when-

"excuse me..were you going to take the mint choco?"

He turned around slowly, his heart racing with a mix of excitement and apprehension. Standing before him was Sunoo, his childhood friend and first love. Memories of their shared laughter and innocent moments flooded Ni-ki's mind, but they were quickly overshadowed by the pain of Sunoo's sudden disappearance years ago.

Ni-ki's voice trembled slightly as he spoke, "Sunoo?" Sunoo looked at him with a blank expression, as if trying to place the familiar face before him.

"Sorry, but do I know you?" With a heavy heart, Ni-ki flashed him with a bitter smile, taking the hint that Sunoo, his friend whom he once trusted and planned his whole future with, barely remembers him at all.

The younger let out a heavy sigh before replying to the other's question. "My bad, I must've mistaken you for someone else." He muttered softly under his breath.

Mustering up enough courage to do so, he was able to as something from sunoo that he could only give his friends to.
"I don't get along with people really well, and you seem nice, so maybe you could lend me your phone number."

Lies, Ni-ki was definitely someone who grew up with a lot of people whom he could depend on. He wasn't planning to shower sunoo with lies, now that he's finally reunited with him but he didn't have any choice. That was only the excuse he could come up with at the moment.

"My phone number?" Sunoo asked, to make sure if what he was hearing was right. Growing up, Sunoo never really expected someone to come up to him and ask for his phone number with any ulterior motives. It's either they want to take advantage of him or they hold some feelings for him. But this guy was different, he reminded him of someone, someone who really tried to forget but failed to do so after so many years.

"Uhm...yeah"

"What's your name?"

"It's Ni-ki, call me Ni-ki."

Sunoo took the mint-choco ice cream out of the fridge with a smile on his face. "Guess, you were never really planning to take this in the first place."

"I'm not really fond of that. It's not I hate it."

"Yeah yeah, you don't have to get so defensive."

That night, they parted ways with a smile plastered on both of their faces, wishing that fate would pull some strings for the both of them to meet once again.