Lore

Alright, so here comes the fun part. This roleplay is based off a book that I am writing. So please pay attention and don't disrespect my ideas, or steal them of course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Laws in Aerisai;

Magic

Magic is plentiful and in general, any magic can be used except for Dark Magic (Unless you want a villain). Just discuss with me what kind of magic you want your character to have and I'll say yay or nay. Each house has a claim over a certain aspect of magic which will be specified in the descriptions of the Houses.

Adultery:

Adultery is forbidden and considered a sin. Most people generally have a Lord-Husband and a Lady-Wife. Sometimes one may just have someone to reproduce with and then have the one of the same-sex as their actual, love partner. It's okay to not have more than one partner. It is against the faith to have two partners of the same sex. Castilla's son, Constantin of House Argon for example has his Lady-Wife who he loves very much but he also has a Lord-Husband who he also loves. Constantin would not be allowed to have two Lady-Wives as that is against the faith.

The Vile:

The Aerisai Imperium does have slavery within it but there are a lot of rights that the Vile have within their society. Their owner must never strike, harm, or physically punish their Vile unless they have committed a crime. The Vile do not have to testify for their owner if they do not believe so. The Vile are able to buy their way out of ownership if they save enough money. The Vile must be paid a fair wage for the work that they do. If the Vile helped create an enterprise, they must be credited and receive a portion of the royalties earned (Though at a lower amount). The Vile are entitled to certain days off. The Vile are allowed to get married to whom they want without persecution if the other is another Vile. 

Unfortunately this does not negate the fact that the Vile are considered to be property, while an owner cannot strike a slave it doesn't negate any cruelty through emotional or mental pain. The Vile are considered a second-class citizen and the 'Jade-bloods' are a priority above the Vile.

The Grand Archon's Vile:

The Vile that work for the Grand Archon do not suffer such rights, they are generally controlled through magic and they will have their tongues carved out when they become property. 

Naming:

Within the Aerisai Imperium, the naming of the Houses are generally related to the founding member or the landmark. There are repetitive names such as House Vandel which has the Vandelese wall as well as the Vandelese Meese. This is the House making a permanent claim on the land that they occupy.

People's names don't follow a general pattern but having the suffix of 'Lian' or 'Guard' are quite common.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government: