episode 27 || it all ends tonight

Aguni opened the back envelope. The second he pulled it out, I knew the code to the safe. I knew Chishiya knew too. And this meeting was exactly what he needed.

We talked it over. He told me about his plan. I scanned it over. It was clever, but stupid. Far more dangerous then mine.

He told me he was gonna sacrifice Arisu, something Kuina hadn't told me. Maybe she didn't know herself. I felt bad. But there wasn't anything I could do about it.

We met each other once the short meeting was over. We both waited until everyone was gone before either of us spoke. "You know, don't you?" He asked me. I nodded. "And where the safe is?" He asked. "Number Ones room." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded again. "Ive come to notice Niragi and other militants guarding the room. Even when Aguni isn't in there himself. The safe must be in there." I said. "Huh. Do you know where, exactly?"

I shook my head. "Hm." We continued to walk. "I'm gonna gather everyone in my room. I'll tell them what to do for the plan." He said. My stomach lurched a bit at the idea. "Don't you feel bad for them?" I asked him.

"Who?" He said. "Arisu and Usagi." I said. He scoffed. "Do you?" He rose his eyebrows. "Of course. I have a normal heart, unlike you." I said. He chuckled. "What a normal heart you have."

•°♤♡◇♧°•

I walked down to the second floor. Aguni would make his speech soon. About becoming the new leader.

Chishiya had asked me to come with him. I thought his request through. If I went, It'd be more then obvious we escaped together. Niragi and the others would hunt us down.

If I didn't go, they'd still hunt him down, yet still interview me. They'd hunt me down either ways, so in the end, I declined his offer. I was going to leave when I thought I needed to. But something in me knew it'd have to be sooner than next week.

I turned the corner. I saw a girl standing there. I was going to pass by her, but then I saw Kuzuryu walk up to her. I hid back agaisnt the wall. I wouldn't want to listen into their conversation. That would be rude of me. But then Kuzuryu started talking.

"Ms. Momoka. Would you answer a question for me?" He asked the girl. I couldn't help but wonder what this conversation would be about. "You volunteered. Someone had to be the witch. But that just means killing yourself."

I frowned. Volunteering to be the witch? What the fuck was this? "Why would you do it?" He asked. "I did it for my ideals. The human heart is a beautiful thing. Human life is precious. I believe that, truly."

What kind of conversation was this? Could they be dealers? No way. "And when I look at my life, I know I've been able to survive because of those ideals." She started to tear up.

"Your games and rules dont get to kill me. I'm not going to die because I lost. I'm doing this to show you all that you're wrong." Could they seriously be dealers?

"They're not going to kill each other because they're not all bad. If I'm destined to die here some day, then I get to choose how I walk that path."

Kuzuryu was quite when she finished. "Very well. I wish you luck, Ms. Momoka." Kuzuryu said before walking away, leaving the girl alone.

I was confused. What the fuck did this all mean? I watched the girl for a few more minutes before she made her way down the hall. I followed behind her. She walked down the stairs and into the first floor.

I watched her go down to a hallway of rooms. I saw another girl leave her room. I hid behind a corner.

"Asahi!"
"Momoka!"