Peril x Turtle ❤️

Peril x Turtle 

Angst + Romantic fluff

Peril huffed, extra fire bursting from her scales as she sat aggresigly on her nest of rocks. All she could do was sit, she didn't know how to even begin organizing these feelings. So she sat in silence in the dark cave. But she couldn't take it. Tears streamed out uncontallably, Peril uncomfortably and desperately tried to wide them away, scratching herself in the process.

Turtle opened his eyes, awaking to quiet sobs in the next room of Jade mountain. They weren't actually that quiet if you paid close attention- they were messy. Turtle slowly got up, more worried for the dragon's well being rather than the dark hallway. 

The noise came from perils cave. Was she actually crying?- wait no. That makes sense. She has trauma. Lots.

Turtle made his way silently until he could get a look at peril. Yes- she was pouring her heart out. God- turtle wished he could help her. But he wasn't good with that thing.

"T-turtle?" Peril stammered. Turtle jumped out of his scales, realizing he has been seen. "O-oh- uhm. Sorry. I shouldn't have just stared." Turtle slowly walked into the cave and sat down near peril.

She still had remaining tears, but she stopped sobbing as Turtle looked up at her. "What happened? If you don't mind me asking-" Turtle didn't want to make her uncomfortable. He was backtracking everything already.

"Don't worry it's just- people.. people really get to me sometimes." At that, Peril trembled even more. It didn't seem like turtle could just 'not worry' anymore, because Peril simply cried more. "Nevermind, nevermind. I'm so fucking mad and upset at I just don't want to be here anymore because everybody hates me anyways."

Peril burried her head deeper in her arms. Turtle hesitated to answer, but he stuck with his gut. "That's not true at all. Even if not everybody feels the same about you, you can rely on me because.. I really like you. You're a really good dragon." Turtle silently hoped Peril didn't read deeper into those words.

"But I'm not!" Peril lifted her head from her arms again, saying this a bit louder than before. She observed this, and quickly went back to whispering to Turtle. 

"I overheard all the winglets talking behind my back. I know I shouldn't have stayed with Scarlet but it was hard not to. She accepted me. I still love her like a mother- it's so hard now that shes gone. It's for the better, but she was-" Peril took a big breath. "I shouldn't keep talking. I just want to be loved."

"People can be terrible like that sometimes," Turtle said after a while, sitting closer to peril. She stared at him, blinking tears from her eyes. "But don't forget that there are lots of people who love you. I'm not a therapist, but I think that it would be better not to listen to those people. You don't deserve anybody who doesn't respect you."

Peril blinked. It wasn't the tears this time, just surprised on how much Turtle was determined to make her feel better. She looked down, playing with her hands. "I- I would hug you but..." Turtle chuckled, looking down at his hands aswell, much more awkwardly, though. 

"I appreciate this. You're a really good friend for that." Peril smiled slightly. She felt Turtle looking at her with thoughtful eyes. Peril looked back at him. He was taken somewhat aback, any contact with Peril made him blush. "It's the most I can do." Turtle smiled.