Chapter 13

A/n: i decided to skip til the end of the dragons lol!!!

You, Jellal, and Meredy were on a journey to find Ultear. Most of the damage from the Eclipse was taken care of. There was nothing that Crime Sorciere could help with, so the team was onto the next adventure.

The next target was discovering more about the Tartaros underworld.

The three of you are walking with hoods over your heads. As you three are passing a farm, an elderly woman was walking towards the three. Meredy and Jellal quickly turn their heads the other way. You stare at the woman.

"Are you..." The older lady begins to speak. Meredy takes your head and you begin walking the other direction.

"...Jellal, Meldy, and y/n?" The lady asks.

You stop in your tracks.

"A woman entrusted me with a letter for you." The lady takes out an envelope from her purse. You approach her and are handed the letter. You rip open the envelope and recognize the handwriting.

"From Ultear!" You say. Meldy and Jellal both come to you and read the letter with you.

I'm sorry.

In the last battle, I tried using a certain spell and failed.

Because of that, I have only a short time left to live. I just had to bid you farewell.

My journey ends here.

Although I'm passing on before you, never forgot Crime Sorciere's spirit.

It means never forgetting your crimes. It means never letting your past crimes overwhelm you. It means believing in a day in which you'll be forgiven your crimes.

It means never stop loving people.

Please continue to live on for me.

It is my hope that this of yours will bring happiness to all.

Jellal, be easier on yourself. You're one of the good ones, trust me.

Meldy, I have seen you grow into a strong confident woman and I couldn't be any prouder. You were a light in my life. Never change, Meldy.

And little y/n, I will onto you to leave Crime Sorciere. Living a normal life might be out the window for the rest of us, but not for you. Join Fairy Tail and live to the fullest.

Thank you for everything. Thank you for seeing the good in me.

Meldy was crying and you stared at the letter blankly.

"Lady, when did you get this...?" When Jellal turned around the lady was gone.

You hold Meldy and you're not sure how else to comfort her. Ultear was her mother figure. Meldy just lost a piece of herself.

Meldy fell onto her knees and sobbed. Jellal comes and squats in front of the both of you. He removes your hood.

"y/n, Ultear is right."

"What?" You ask.

"Fairy Tail is where you belong." He smiles softly.

"N-no. We're even shorter on members. I-I need to stay with the two of you."

Jellal replies, "We will be okay. Ultear wants this for you."

"I don't think Fairy Tail would accept me if they knew about the past."

"Your past is in the past. Who you are right now is what's important. You're better, you're stronger, kinder, and Fairy Tail will welcome you with open arms." He tells you.

"He's right, y/n." Meldy says through her cries. "You don't deserve to live in the shadows like us. For us and Ul, please join Fairy Tail."

You look at her and then at Jellal.

-

"We got everything?" Erza asks the team. They all nod. "We're going straight back to Fairy Tail, no stops. Master says the guild is overwhelmed with job requests so go now to the bathroom, it's a long ride." She tells the team.

All, but Gray go.

"You sure you're gonna be able to hold it in for a couple hours?" Erza asks him.

"I went earlier, I should be fine." He says and leans against the carriage. Erza nods and walks inside the hotel with the girls to use the bathroom.

Gray leans his head on the carriage and looks up at the blue sky. It was a nice day.

"Think yall have room for one more?"

Gray looks in the direction of the voice and it's you.

"Y/n?" he raises a brow.

You approach him, "I wanna go with you."