ICHI

"Ah... It seems there's another soul ready to abandon the mortal world... Such a shame! Such a shame! Especially when it leaves with unfulfilled promises like this one... But there's nothing that can be done to repair such messed-up body!! Most of it is too cursed, to consumed... Even if you, young girl, want to come back, you have no place to return to, and nothing to offer to me to actually come back... Or maybe yes... Of course! That is something that could be of great use to me! The real question here is...

Are you willing to give it to me?"

...

The Vampire of the blue moon.

There was once a vampire known as Vanitas, who was despised by others of their kin. Other vampires were born on the night of crimson moon, but Vanitas alone was born under the blue moon, a sign of ill omen. Feared by other vampires, Vanitas was driven from the village. Wandering alone in the woods, Vanitas feared the terrors of darkness and the cold clutches of snow. So, it was Vanitas that made a vow to take vengeance upon vampires born under the crimson moon.

"Oh, foolish vampires who have persecuted me! Opening this grimoire shall visit upon you a curse worse than death!"

Vanitas special creation was a book imbued with the power to corrupt a vampire's true name.

"Those who take my grimoire in hand shall, like me, have the blue light instilled in their eyes, and before long, become a bringer of death upon all vampire kind."

He knew that legend too well, for he was the one who had to bear the pain and loneliness of the kin of the vampire of the blue moon, as well as the regret of not having been able to save the one he truly wanted to protect from that power. The one who, after all, had saved him first from his cursed fate.

"Don't worry, Cheryl, I'll make sure to avenge your name, even if it means using these rotten methods until my very last breath."

...

"They say a vampire has turned up."

"Truly? How dreadful."

"Vampires were destroyed ages ago in a battle with humankind, were they not?"

"Does that mean some survived?"

"Have they risen once again to visit vengeance upon us?"

The females' discussion was rapidly interrupted by a stranger man who had been staring at the advertisement of several deaths that were presumably the work of a vampire, a being that was supposed to have perished centuries ago along with their thirst for blood.

"Vampires are but a folktale."

"My great-grandfather claims to have seen one."

"That is just a ghost-story."

"No need to worry. The Church's Chasseurs have sprung into action."

With that, a teenager dressed up in extravagant male clothes, all remarkably foreigner compared to the regular outfits in Paris, and uniquely painted in a deep shade of grey that made the boy's eyes truly resemble emeralds. He, who was not more than eighteen years old, got closer to the bulletin board, standing next to an albino boy who was smartly dressed in white and wore a shocked expression on his face, his purple eyes contrasting deeply with his green orbs.

"Please, do not leap to conclusions. I'm sure there is an explanation behind this." The stranger spoke calmly as he inspected the details of the news. "Vampires are not beasts, they have the ability to think rationally before acting, just like all humans. It's not written in their true nature to attack other citizens, much less without a motive."