Chapter 4

Jack went back to his usual life, he was just far more cautious.

He Sat alone in his room, watching TV. He got a text from his friend, telling him to meet them in the woods. He agreed, gathering all he possibly could need.
A water bottle and his phone. And his pocket knife. with Jeff on the loose, he can't be more careful.

He walked the streets of his town, making his way to the woods to meet with his friends. They did this to celebrate big things, in this case it was Jack getting his first internship at the local hospital. They would all go to the woods, drink, smoke and have a bondfire.

Still, Jack didn't feel completely safe walking the streets of the small town he called home. He held his pocket knife at all times, had one of those knife rings, and went to a gym frequently.

Once at the woods, he called his friend Aaron to tell him he was at the edge of the woods. He talked with him until getting to the bondfire put they made.

He saw his friends dressed in all black carving the same symbol into the trees. A circle with an 'x' in the middle.
Although this struck Jack as a little weird, he knew his friends were stoners and probably tripping balls.

He and his friends Frank like usual, but after one beer Jack felt dizzy. He decided to walk home, but he blacked out before he left the forest.

He woke up tied to a tree, covered in blood. He tried to move, but couldn't. He was slipping in and out of consciousness, each time he opened his eyes they hurt. He saw Jeff in the distance.

"Jeff! Did you do this you fucking psychopath?!"
Jack yelled, desperately trying to free himself as Jeff walked closer to him. He kneeled down to him and untied him.
Jack got up, brushed himself off and looked at Jeff. Jeff pulled out his phone and took a picture of Jack's face.

"Delete it."
Jack said. He was never a fan of pictures.

"No. You look FUCKED. Like- you look like you just got trampled"
Jeff said, showing the picture to Jack.

"Where the fuck are my eyes. How the hell can I see? Why am I grey?!"
Jack said, looking at his hands.

"Jack, you can't go back into society like this. come with me. I know where you can be safe!"
Jeff said genuinely. He reached a hand out to Jack, who reluctantly held it back.

"Jack I know where your sister is"