A Recipe for Disaster

𑁍
A Recipe for Disaster
[ Edelweiss Series #2 ]
written by deuatha
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DISCLAIMER

This is a work of fiction. The characters, names, businesses, places, and events mentioned in this story are mere products of the author's imagination. If there are actual private companies/institutions mentioned, they are not, in any way, affiliated with the author of the story. Any resemblance to actual people and events is purely coincidental.

The sensitive themes, mature content, and strong language in this story may not be suitable for very young audiences. Reader discretion is advised.

All rights reserved. Do not copy, distribute, or reproduce as your own without permission or consent from the author.

━━━━━━

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello! ☺︎

Thank you for giving this story a chance to be told. I hope the words written here bring magical epiphanies into your life as much as they did to mine.

Please be cautious of the trigger warnings, if there are any, found at the beginning of specific chapters. These will serve as your guide on what you may choose to skip.

Encountering grammatical, punctuation, and typographical errors is also inevitable since I upload here rough drafts of my works. Please bear with me as I revise/edit those when I have the extra time to do so.

The characters in this story are flawed and are bound to make mistakes because, like us, they are humans. Let them experience and learn from the consequences of their actions, which will hopefully lead to their character arc. Please delay your judgment.

I am open to constructive criticism, but please be extra careful in the delivery of your words. Always be mindful of other people's feelings. Unnecessary mean comments and rude remarks are unacceptable. If you have nothing meaningful to say, you are free to leave.

Be kind. It doesn't cost you anything.

If you have any further questions or clarifications that you wish to address to me personally, kindly send a message to the email address on my Wattpad bio.

I am writing this story with no formal background in creative writing, just fueled by my passionate love for storytelling, so please cut me some slack for my lapses and shortcomings. Although admittedly mediocre, I hope I can still give justice to the stories that I've always wanted to share. I'll continuously do my very best.

Inking spells and sparkles,
D ( deuatha ) 𖹭

━━━━━━

A Recipe for Disaster
Edelweiss Series #2

Growing up in a household full of boys, Kayiene was no stranger to physical sports, especially the one that is her brothers' favorite: basketball! At an early age, she already knew the rules, the terminologies, the positions of each player, the different game plays, and even had the names of famous NBA players unconsciously memorized. Little Kaea wouldn't have imagined that this unwanted knowledge would be an advantage to her later in life when she's already an aspiring courtside reporter.

No one doubted her, of course. Her family and friends were sure that she would be selected among other aspirants. Kaea expected it too, but she was still ecstatic when she received a congratulatory email. However, much to everyone's dismay, she was not chosen to report for her university's basketball team. They were all wondering why, of all the applicants, Kaea was appointed as the CSR of their rival university.

Tobias, the men's basketball team captain, is determined to take home the championship title this season. He knows he has to step up his game to be able to lead his team well to victory, and like usual, no distractions! But in the middle of all these responsibilities, why does he find himself shooting shots at his archenemy's little sister?

Well, of course, Tobi must avoid her! He can't let another disastrous mishap ruin their momentum! But how can he even do that when she is their team's courtside reporter?

━━━━━━

BOOK COVER

I do not own the pictures (and other elements) that were used on the book cover

I do not own the pictures (and other elements) that were used on the book cover. Although considered free for personal and commercial use, I still give full credit to the rightful owners.

━━━━━━

Edelweiss Series

1. Fly Close to the Sun
2. A Recipe for Disaster

Each book can be read
as a stand-alone.

━━━━━━

GENTLE REMINDER

Again, this is not in any way affiliated with any private institution/university, which only serves as the setting in this story.

This is also NOT written to romanticize college life or put the universities mentioned and their students on a pedestal. Let us enjoy the fluffy and light college sports romance stories under this series without forgetting that the characters, names, personalities, and scenes narrated are purely FICTIONAL.

Please do not go around posting my characters on other social media pages (e.g. official university Facebook pages or freedom walls) or call a public figure by my character's name. All I ask from you as a reader is respect. Any form of hatred or content with malicious intent posted outside of this platform does not represent nor reflect on me as a writer.

I do not and will never support, influence, and tolerate bullying, harassment, and actions that are disrespectful to other people. Thank you. <3

━━━━━━

Story Details

🏹 & 🦅
Trope: College Sports Romance;
Brother's Rival
Delivery: Dual POV
Length: 30 Chapters

I would like to REITERATE that this story is light, so don't expect any heavy confrontations and mind-blowing plot twists. The whole series is also inspired by social media AU stories, so please DO NOT take the Big 4/UAAP universities, culture, and stereotypes so seriously. Again, they're merely settings of the story. Enjoy!

All Rights Reserved
October 2024

D E U A T H A