Chapter 1 Part 3

*Karma's POV*

I end up splitting the barter for the pancake which Ashley questions

"Is there a reason for splitting the barter?"

"Yes. This one doesn't get chocolate chips"

"But why?"

"He's not always in the mood for chocolate so I learnt to either do both or place the chocolate by the side, same goes with blueberries."

"We could just toss this and pour them a bowl of cereal."

"Josh loves pancake. It's his fave. Plus you make it seem like they haven't had a homemade breakfast in a while. It should be a nice change."

"Still playing girlfriend are we?" she whispers a bit too loudly under her breath

I clear my throat a bit reminding her I'm within ear range and can hear perfectly.

"I mean we have his favorite cereal and he eats it every day, why change his routine?"

"Meals shouldn't be a routine Ley; it's nice to mix things up every now and then"

"If you say so, I mean you are the boss"

"Great. I'm gonna go check on the boys and make sure their actually getting something done rather than playing in the game room"

I give her a quick heads up so she knows if anything gets burnt it's her share of the breakfast.

"I smell pancakes!" Josh yells from upstairs confirming my earlier thought.

He hasn't even gotten in the shower yet

"Josh have you had your bath?"

After a short long pause he replies "Yes!" but it sounds more like a question or a doubted answer

I look to Ashley giving her that 'I told you so' face

"They're grown men, we shouldn't pamper them...dealing with Athena is bad enough"

I ignore her true statement and rush up the stairs to check on the "grown men"

I run down the hallway and bust into the first room on the right "Ash!" I scream as I invade his space "Whoa!" I exclaim as I sight him

"You want something Karmi?" Ash asks huskily as I stare at him in nothing but a towel, which is hung dangerously low below his v-line, and his hair lets little droplets of water pour down

"Nope! Sorry!" I quickly run down the hall and check the fifth door which has been reserved for Josh

I approach the door which quite obviously belonged to the guest they were currently housing. He had taken his time to ensure people knew this was 'his' room. The door was covered with simple plain warning letting people know not to bother him. I slowly and cautiously knock on the door.

I would hate to repeat the incident that just happened with Ash with Josh. I would most likely die from excess excretion of hormones or embarrassment.

"Josh..." I whisper

Wait! Why am I whispering? I didn't come to do anything sus.

I knock again and call his name louder but still the same answer as before

Silence...

Due to his lack of response I open the door and walk in

"Josh...!" I yell as I walk in