One | The Oak Tree

Tears streaming down her face. Her make-up was smudged and all over the place. Evelyn ran towards her favourite place to be alone. The Big Oak Tree. This tree had grass green leaves and little flowers blossoming. The branches were huge so they were easier to sit and climb upon.

She paced around the tree looking for a comfortable place to sit and just let go. She gazed around in the leaves and finally saw a place to sit. A big branch hanging off the tree high up in the leaves.

Evelyn jumped up the trunk and reached out for a branch swinging to get to her spot. As she was nearly there, she saw someone, up in the trees, a boy. Should she go talk to him or should she climb back down the tree and leave him alone.

The girl decided to keep going to her spot. She swung herself up one more branch and then rested her head against the trunk.

The boy looked up at her, not noticing the tears running down her cheek and continued gazing towards the sky. He looked up and stared her.

"What's wrong?" he asks, looking at her.

"Oh it's nothing, I'm fine," Evelyn replies with as another tear rolled down her cheek and splashed onto her jumper.

They both stared at the sun.

"You're obviously not okay. You are crying," the boy says to Evelyn.

"Why are you up here? What's your name?" Evelyn asks mysteriously.

"Well, my name is Luke and I don't know why I come here to be honest. I guess it's a secret."

Evelyn rolls her jumper sleeve past her wrist, then wipes the tears from under her eyes. She stares at Luke with a confused look on her face.

"Why is it a secret?" she asks him.

"I don't know. I'm going to be honest with you, I'm worried that people will talk shit about me if I tell them why. The reason is kind of pathetic. People just don't understand." he sighs.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Evelyn says and looks beneath her at the green grass.

"It's alright. Now may I ask why you have been crying?" Luke says.

"It's nothing, really." Evelyn responds kicking her shoes together and staring at the branches and leaves below.

"Oh c'mon, you can tell me." he asks anxiously.

Evelyn looks up at Luke and sees he's innocent, pleading and worried eyes looking at her. She has to give in.

"Okay, okay. Well my boyfriend just broke up with me and I know it sounds pathetic but it hit me really hard. I was dating him for over 2 years and he just left." she starts crying again.

"I'm sorry." Luke replies, unsure on what to say.

"No it's okay. You don't need to apologise. It's not your fault he's a dickhead. I'm sorry I'll just go. I'm sorry to bother you like this." Evelyn says. "It's just he meant so much to me. Then he goes and cheats on me like that with my own fucking best friend. Apparently I'm a pathetic little loser to him now."

She begins to start climbing back down the tree towards the ground. As she reached the last branch, she jumped off onto the ground. Luke followed.

"Please don't go." he says ever so quietly.

"But it's getting dark. Meet me here tomorrow." she replies with a small smile.

She turns away and starts to walk home. Luke stays behind wondering what this girl is like. Who she is. What is her story.

-

A/N (Kyle) - so thank you so much for reading the first chapter of "Reckless Love". this book is being written by two people so one chapter will be written one person and then the next the other and so on. both of us contribute to the chapters and I really hope you liked it. this is my first wattpad book so I thought I would give it a try.
- kyle
ps: my co-writer is tara (-: