Origin

I awoke on a soft hammock with a blanket draped around me. My mind felt foggy as I began to take in my surroundings. I was in a cave of some sorts the walls a grey color with a light green hue. The cave was vast with one ht in the middle surrounded by water and bridges connecting other parts of the cave. I sat up and realized I was not alone, two women stood guard at the end of a pool in the middle of the cave. I contemplated asking for information from them, but realized even if I did they would not understand me nor I them.

Soon two more women came out of an additional opening on the left of the cave one with cloths in her hands and the other food. I turned to sit facing them as they approached; the one with the cloth approached first. She spoke something I didn't understand and extended her arms forward with the cloth. I could tell she meant no harm; she noticed I was not eager to take them from her she instead placed them in-front of me on the ground. The other did the same with the small bowl of fruit; she then motioned to the right behind me a small hut for some privacy on changing.

I hesitantly approached the women and took the clothes and bowl of fruit and went to the hut. The ht had beautiful wall decor of blues, yellows and golds; paintings of beings I have never seen before. I examined the fruit seeing if it was infected or laced with anything. It smelled just like it did at home and there was no weird texture to any of them. After eating what was provided I looked to the clothes I left next to me on a bench. I picked it up having it drape open and examined the fabric. A beautiful shade of blue with gold embellishments and lace on the sleeve edges.

I took my appearance in the floor length mirror I looked ill. My skin was pale and hair disheveled, my lips appeared a light shade of blue from the water I traveled through. I quickly changed my clothing and the cloth was soft on my skin. I braided my hair over my shoulder in an attempt to tame my curls. It was cold here not cold to the point that a fire was needed, but there was no warmth of the sun down here.

I came out of the hut crossing the bridge that led me to my resting spot and saw slippers in front of my hammock bed from earlier. I slipped them on and saw the woman who offered the cloth waiting for me on the left toward the center hut she entered from earlier. She nodded her head and turned to go back into the entrance. It appears the two women who stood guard had rotated out for it was two men now at the pool of water.I walked to the entrance and was greeted by the woman she said nothing as she extended her arm to a table and two chairs.

"Our K'uk'ulkan will arrive shortly, for now wait here," she said as she swiftly left. I was alone again and decided to take in the intricate paintings and drawings on the wall. My fingers traced over some of the figures until I found myself looking at one that resembled the man on the beach. I then heard a splash of water as heavy footsteps round the corner. I turned to be greeted by the man himself in the painting. He had a white and black cloth draped over him and his hair was wet. He had beautiful metal jewels around his neck and shoulders, followed by gold bands on his wrist. The jade on his ears and nose was the first pieces I took in followed by the others.

"I see you have taken interest in the stories I've drawn before you," he said. He rounded the table and approached me, I then took two steps back. He didn't seem to care of my caution and instead gazed at the art as well.

"This is the story of the first son of the Talokan people," he turned to me.

"I hope one day to share some stories on these walls with you," he smiled gently and then turned to a chair and sat. He motioned to me to sit in the other, I looked at him saying nothing stood behind the empty chair. He looked at me with a grin amused.

"I'm sure you have many questions, but I first want to ask how you are feeling, if you're comfortable with me asking," he placed his clasped hands leaning toward the table. I stood up straighter and took a deep breathe now clasping my hands in-front of me.