READ THIS!!!!!!

You're walking down the hallway when a familiar face comes into view. And even more familiar frizzy hair. But her normally obnoxious and judgmental face wasn't twisted into its usual scowl. Her nostrils were flared and her eyes red, eyebrows scrunched together, tears—Wait. Tears? Tears were flowing down your tormentor's face?

You sigh and start to follow the tall girl into the bathroom she so quickly ran into before realizing it was the boys bathroom. Hi oh run your hands through your hair before waiting for her to come out. The door quickly snaps open, slamming into your face and knocking you into the ground. The bully quickly stops, taking in your crumpled form that quickly stands up. You do have dignity, after all. 

She continued to stare at you, more specifically, the blood trailing down from your nose. You wiped at your nose, just smearing it on your face. She sighed and grabbed your wrist, pulling you into the girls bathroom. Thankfully, it was empty. When she finished cleaning up your nose she sighed at sat on the sink.

"So, Y/N, care to tell me why you were standing right outside the door?"

"No." Wow, real good answer. Like, best answer you could've given.

"Please tell me."

"Wow, you, Stina Heks, bully of all of Foxfire, are begging me for an answer?"

"Big whoop. Just tell me." She day there, waiting for you to answer. Finally, you caved in.

"I was waiting for you. You just ran into the boys bathroom after all. And I'm pretty sure that's not the bathroom you're supposed to be in. Unless you've got a secret..." Great. Just great. She was crying and you decided to joke about it? What is wrong with you?

"Oh my god." You were worried that she was gonna start crying again until she continued. "You, Y/N Y/L/N, were worried about me? But, I bully you. I've made your life a living heckle berry bush! Why? Why would you care about me? And just so you know, I don't buy that whole 'knowing I was running into the boys bathroom' thing. You saw me crying. And you cared. Why?"

"I-I don't know. It felt wrong to leave you be. It felt wrong to just leave you there. I'm a half decent person, I wanted to make sure you were okay. Are you okay?"

"Yes. I'm fine." You weren't an empath but even you knew that was a lie. You stared her down, hoping your eyes said tell me the truth. Though they probably said I'm a constipated chipmunk.

"It's just... I don't know why I'm telling you this." She nervously laughed and dragged her hands down her face. "Sophie Foster gets everything. The most amazing friends, amazing powers, amazing parents, amazing home, amazing grades, all the boys, everything. Then she goes and gets all the attention, turning everyone against me and then humiliated me in front of everyone! And I'm failing my empathy classes, I just flunked an assignment in agriculture, plus I haven't done any of my elvin history homework! I'm gonna get kicked out. My mother's going to kill me." The last two words were barely above a whisper while tears trailed down her face. You gently wrapped your arms around her, letting her soak your shoulder with tears and snot. But you didn't care.

Well, you did, but not about the snot and ruined shirt. You cared about the girl in your arms. The girl who just poured out her heart to you. The girl who had bullied you since you accidentally pushed her into the Unity Fountain in Atlantis. The girl you fell for long before falling into her. He girl you wanted to fall for you as much as you fell when she tripped you. You loved her. But she didn't—couldn't—feel the same. She hated you. And you were supposed to hate her. Huh, what happened there?

She dried her eyes and and blew her nose. Not on you, of course, but with some of those cruddy, thinner-than-one-ply-toilet-paper tissues that the school provided in hopes to give their students nose rashes. 

When you connected eyes with her, you could've sworn you saw her eyes sparkle. But it was probably just wishful thinking.

"I-I'm sorry for ruining your shirt." She apologized and continued to scrub at her eyes with the heels of her hands.

"Don't worry about it. You matter more than some ugly uniform. And it always helps to cry. I wouldn't want to take that away from you." She looked at herself in the mirror, obviously judging herself as she so often judged you. 

"I... I can't believe I just did that. Cry in front of you. Cry on you." Her head turned and the two of you locked eyes once again. A hint of a smile tugged on her lips, warming your heart. She opened her mouth, ready to speak, but you cut her off.

"Don't speak. It's my turn now." She nodded, waiting for you to continue. "Can we start over? You're not as bad as I thought you would be. On the inside, you're super nice and cool. I want to hang out with you. It's been nice, talking to you. And I never meant to push you into that fountain, ruining your favorite dress. I would've liked to be friends with you." And maybe more. "So please, can we start over?" She nodded, wiping more snot from her nose.

"I would love to be... friends." You weren't sure if you were imagining it, but she almost sounded hurt while saying friends. Nah, you were just imagining it. She couldn't possibly want more. She probably was hurt because she hated you. That was the only option. No one could love you. Well, except for you parents. But they were forced to.

"Great. I'm glad." I'm glad? That was the best you could come up with. You suck at this! You just want to tell her how you feel, so do it!

"I'm in love with you." Well that's definitely not how to do it. What were you thinking? Are you stupid?! Never mind, the answer is obvious. You are an absolute moron.

Stina looked shocked. Surprised. Gleeful. In love. And this time it wasn't just wishful thinking. She loved you back. Or did she? What if it was just pity? Would she embarrass him? Rip his heart out and crush it? All of that was answered in four words.

"I love you too." You shouted with triumph and wrapped her in a hug. She helped and wrapped her arms around your shoulders, squealing with joy.

"I love you too." She repeated in a whisper before colliding her lips with yours.

And you kissed her back. 

Everything would be okay.

With Stina.

Your love.

I'M SORRY YOU GUYS!!!!!! IT WAS A DARE!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

In case you didn't catch on, it was a Stina x reader oneshot. Everything belongs to the wonderful Shannon Messenger, I just have the minuscule plot. Then there's you! Okay umm, thanks for reading I guess? I'm sorry I put you through that, bye!

Avery, out —>

🫳

🎤