one; late night swim

S1:E1 "Wolf Moon"

KAIA WENTWORTH WAS FREAKING OUT

They had just returned home from the camping trip and all she wanted to do was take a relaxing bath.

The only problem was that as soon as her finger touched the water a blue tail replaced her legs.

She couldn't help but scream at the sight.

The girl looked like a fish, an actual fish with scales and she didn't know why.

She couldn't even dwell on this because she was startled by a knock on her bathroom door.

Her mom was concerned about her, Kaia had been acting strange ever since they went to Mako and she just wanted her to know she would always be there to talk about anything.

"Honey, are you okay? I heard you scream."

Her heart started to race, she couldn't let her mom see her like this. How was she going to explain the fact that she had a tail?

She didn't even know why herself. There wasn't much time to think since her mom started to open the door.

"I'm fine, there was a spider."

Her mom was a bit skeptical but she left the girl alone anyways.

Kaia sighed in relief and continued to fill the bath with bubbles knowing that when she was done she had to try to figure out what was happening to her.

__________ 🧜‍♀️ 🌊 _________

Four days after the bathtub incident, the Wentworth girl had searched through website after website, looking up symptoms.

She finally deduced that she was a mermaid.

There was nothing else she could do about it but accept it and find a way to cope.

This had to be the strangest thing that ever happened to her and to make matters worse she had to start her first day of school tomorrow.

New town, new school— well not new to her cousin, who was staying with her family while her parents studied marine biology in Australia.

Gabriella was born and raised in Beacon Hills, only leaving the town when she visited her aunt, uncle, and cousin.

The younger Wentworth girl was very close to her cousin, they were practically sisters.

Being thousands of miles apart would never change that. And now that Kaia moved to Beacon Hills, they were going to conquer high school together, like they did everything else.

Kaia entered Gabriella's bedroom still slightly freaked out by her circumstances and curious about the town she hardly visited.