His Trouble

A/N: I've always loved Wild Child. I wrote a few stories a few years ago but they never left my hard drive so like Gossip Girl, I'm going to write and publish them. Enjoy, Angels.

Page break:

The dorm room is quiet until a scream erupts from one of the girls.

"NO!" The scream wakes up four of the five sleeping girls instantly. Kate, Drippy, Josie, and Kiki all bolt over to their sleeping friend.

"Poppy, wake up, it's just a dream, wake up!" Kate shouts, shaking her best friend's shoulder in an attempt to wake the thrashing and screaming girl up, to no avail. Kate looks at Josie and Kiki.

"Go get Matron and Mrs Kingsley." Kate orders the two of them who nod and run out of the dorm without a word.

"No, no, come back to me please!" Poppy screams as tears stream down her face.

"Poppy, you've got to wake up, it's just a dream, wake up." Drippy begs. Poppy continues to thrash, scream and plead for the person in her dream to come back to her. "Kate, Drippy, move away from Poppy." Comes a soft and sleepy voice of their headmistress, Mrs Kinsley. Poppy whimpers loudly when Mrs Kingsley's voice fills the room, and the headmistress wastes no time rushing to the girls bedside, Matron guarding the dorm room door from other girls and teachers.

"Poppy, it's okay, it's just a dream, I need you to wake up, my darling." Mrs Kingsley says softly, she watches as Poppys head tosses.

"I..I'm sorry about F..Freddie, I didn't mean it... I love him, please bring him back to me." Poppy pleads in her sleep. Mrs Kingsley smiles as she hears the girl who her son is besotted with tells his mother she loves her son then frowns before looking at the four girls awake in realization.

"Girls, go wake up Freddie and get him here now, I have a feeling that Poppy won't wake up unless she hears his voice." The four girls smile at each other and the headmistress before running out of the room and to their friend's boyfriend.

Mrs Kingsley looks at the girl who has become like her daughter in such a short amount of time.

"Don't worry, my darling, my son is on his way."

Page break:

The pounding on the door wakes him up from a semi-peaceful sleep, Freddie groans before getting out of his warm bed and padding to his door.

On the other side of the door are the four girls of the girl he loves friends who all have tears coming from their eyes.

"What's up?" The headmistress's son asks sleepily. 

"Poppy is having a terrible nightmare about you, your mum is in our room trying to wake her up but then Poppy said something to her in her sleep and your mum figured it out that it needs to be you who wakes Poppy up, we know you hate her but if you've ever loved her, come with us." Drippy says, Freddie sighs.

If you still love her, go to her, wake her up and tell her. His brain tells him. He looks at the four girls in front of him. "Let's go." He says to the girls before they run down the corridor to the dorm room where Poppy is.

Freddie bursts into the room and gasps at the sight of his mother trying to wake up the girl he loves. "Mum, move out of the way." He orders as he reaches Poppy's bed and kneels beside her, running his fingers through her hair soothingly

"Come on, Trouble, wake up for me, because you've got a lot of worried people here for you." Freddie says gently, smiling when her cries settle down. "There you go, Trouble, there you go." Freddie says as he watches her tears stop streaming down her beautiful face. Freddie continues running his fingers through her hair until he sees her eyes fluttering open. He heard her gasp and before he knows it, Trouble is in his arms. He smiles at his mum and the girls before pulling away from Poppy.

"I'm so sorry about everything, Freddie, I didn't write all of that email, I was just ranting to Ruby because I'm homesick. I've never been away from my Dad or Molly by myself before, not after Mom died and I just, I don't know why I wrote what I did but it was before I knew how awesome and kind and charming and sweet you are, damn it Freddie, it was before I fell in love with you!" Poppy exclaims, looking into his eyes. Freddie doesn't say anything as he crushes their lips together. They pull away for air and see the four girls watching and smiling widely, Matron is expressionless and Freddie's mum is watching the two with a smile of her own. Freddie looks at Poppy and gives her a smile of his own.

"I love you too, Trouble."

Page break:

After getting the okay from Mrs Kingsley for Poppy to stay the rest of the night with Freddie in his room, Poppy walks down the quiet corridors of Abbey Mount with Freddie holding her hand feeling embarrassed by everything. Freddie opens his bedroom door that one of the girls must've closed for him. Poppy gives him a small smile before hiding a yawn.

"Come on, Trouble, let's get some sleep." The devilishly hot English boy says as he watches her hiding a yawn. Poppy nods and makes her way to the large bed and crawls into it. The covers are brought to her chin and a kiss is pressed to her forehead before the room is plunged into darkness with only the light shining from underneath the bathroom door. Freddie's arms are around her, protecting her as she sleeps.

Freddie smiles softly as he looks down at his chest where Trouble has put her head.

"Goodnight, my Trouble, I love you, now and forever." Freddie whispers to her as he kisses her brown hair before his eyes close.