Where's my hat?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"No, no, no! Where did it go??"

Wizard said, checking his shelves and moving his books left to right. Scurrying around in panic, he tried to remember where he didn't check. Was it under his bed? No.. he only found himself sneezing because of the dust.

Gingerbrave woke up to the sound of someones footsteps on the ceiling. He rubbed his eyes as he pulled himself out of bed. It wasn't like him to get up early on Sundays, but who'd even be able to continue sleeping with all that noise? He dragged his feet to the kitchen, wanting to know what all the fuss was about.

"What's going onnn?"

"Oh, good morning, Gingerbrave!"

Strawberry was already there, washing a plate she probably used for breakfast.
She flinched to a sudden thud coming from the ceiling, almost dropping it on the floor.

"I haven't asked him yet, but from what I'm hearing, Wizard's looking for something."

Putting away her plate, she sighed.

"Must be something important if he's making that much of a ruckus.."

Now, Gingerbrave was curious as always. So, of course, he went up the stairs to find out what was happening. The noise was getting louder as he approached Wizard's room. He knocked on his door before opening it and witnessing what could be called literal chaos.

"It's gone.."

Books. Books everywhere. Sheets torn off the bed, drawers wide open. He was standing in front of the window with his wizardy robes, his white scarf, but no hat. Wizard slowly turned to him, devastation written all over him.

"My hat's.. gone."

He whined, slowly curling up into a ball behind his bed as Gingerbrave walked up to him. Wizard, not knowing what to do without his hat, he tugged and fiddled around with his own hair. It was weird.. Gingerbrave thought he was looking at a whole different cookie.

"Has your hair.. always been so fluffy?"

"Is that seriously the first thing you're gonna tell me?!"

"AGH- sorry! It's just.. you look completely different without your hat."

"I KNOW!!"

Wizard shot back up, catching Gingerbrave off-guard, and started pacing around again.

"I feel like I've lost part of my identity!"

He continued. He proceeded to shake Gingerbrave back and forth as he kept rambling.

"Have you ever seen a wizard without a hat?!"

"I uhh.."

"OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T!"

"Yikes.. you need to calm down.."

Gingerbrave made him sit down with him.

"..Am I even considered a wizard now??"

"Wizard, I don't think that-"

"GINGERBRAVE! You've got to help me find it!"

Wizard didn't realize, but their faces got close. A little too close.. even for Gingerbrave. He quickly moved back a bit, a faint blush appearing across his face as he struggled to make eye contact.

"Ok, ok! Just calm down! Let's get breakfast first, we'll look for it right after."

While Gingerbrave went back to his room to change (he was still in his pajamas), Wizard awkwardly went to the kitchen, receiving a puzzled look from Strawberry. As he reached for a jar of jam in the cabinet, she finally decided to point it out.