Chapter- 6

I stared at her as she was connected to multiple machines. All your heard was *Beep... Beep... Beep* from her breathing machine. You can tell she had to be in a pretty bad accident. She had multiple cuts and scratches on her face including on her body.

"Oh my god.." I said to myself

The doctor came in informing me that she'll wake up in a few hours.

I just told him to just call me when she wakes up so I can take her home. It's that least I can do since I've caused all of this.

I just went home after that.. It's too much on my mind to go back to work and hear other people complain to me about their problems. I hate my job honestly.

I was in a deep thought the whole ride home. Soon as I pulled into my driveway. I got out and went into the house.

I turned on the lights to see my house the same exact way it was when I left this morning. Empty.

I went to my room and stripped my clothes and headed to the shower.

I just stood in the hot shower dazed.

How could I not have caused this?

What if she would've died?

Why did she allow herself to drive?

Why did I kick her out?

..

Those thoughts just kept circling my brain. I stayed in the shower till the hot water ran out. After that I put on some Gray sweats and a plain white t.

I went to my fridge and got some left over Chinese from yesterday.

I sat in my living room and turned on some VH1 and looked at Love & Hip Hop as I ate. I began to doze off after four episodes of nonstop arguing & that was the end of my night.

2:30am

I felt my phone vibrate my pocket. I slowly opened my eyes looking at my phone screen.

"Hello, this is Doctor Harris. We have some bad news concerning Naomi."