(twst) deuce |voulez-vous 🍃🧁|

The masquerade was just like out of a fairytale. The dancers, all swaying gracefully to the music while the well lit ballroom gave it all an elegant atmosphere was a sight to behold.

However, there was one delinquent boy who found something- rather, someone, more enthralling. The magicless prefect of Ramshackle dorm was observing the dance on the sidelines, quietly swaying to the music. It was nothing to become breathless about, but Deuce couldn't take his eyes off them.

"If ya keep your mouth open like that, a fly's gonna go in" A familiar voice piped besides him. Caught off guard, Deuce looked at the person next to him. His farmer friend grinned teasingly. "You're so head over heels for them."

Deuce's face became red "That's-"

Epel snickers "Don't worry, I'm not tellin' anyone. But you should shoot yer shot."

His heart jumped in his chest. "Shoot my shot?"

"Yeah, dumbass, ask 'em to dance."

Deuce huffed in frustration. "I'm not a dumbass, dumbass. I-I know... but how do I do that?"

"Well you just walk over and ask 'em to dance."

"It's not as easy as that!" Deuce exclaims. How he wished it was, though! If it was that easy, he would've done it way sooner. Ever since he had frozen up with the ghost bride he knew he sucked at it all, if he was like that with a girl he'd never met before, then how would he ask his crush out?

"How's this: either you ask them to dance or I will." Epel's voice, apart from its usual lilt, was also laced with mockery.

Despite his innocent appearance, the purple haired boy was anything but. A wolf in sheep's clothing, as people would say. And while Deuce considered him his best friend, it irked him when Epel got all smug. However, he thanked to the Seven Ace wasn't there. He might've not been able to hold back on punching him.

"Damn it Epel..." Deuce muttered under his breath. His friend seemed pleased with Deuce's defeat.

"Go on, Casanova! Besides, this piece is about to end!"

Epel was right. He might never get this chance again. A dance with you? On a ball? Without that annoying ginger to mock and tease for whatever he did? It was now or never. Now or never. He could do this.

He slapped himself on the face, took a breath, and approached with nervous steps to where the prefect was standing. He took one last glance back to see Epel giving him an encouraging nod. This is it, he thought.

"(Y/N)?"

"Deuce! What's up?"

His heart skipped a beat. Their masquerade outfit was a matching one with Grim's. The black cape draping over their shoulders, white frilly shirt, black shorts with purple dots akin to stars, a belt that, instead of having a fish on the buckle, had a golden star, black tights, and black boots with small purple and gold details. The best part however was the see-through mask, also like Grim's. It framed their face so, so handsomely...

"Um... Deuce?" He was snapped out of his haze when they snapped their fingers in front of his face. "You alright?"

"Yeah... I uh, sorry..." Thank the Seven his mask wasn't see through.

The piece ended, everyone around them began clapping. It was time. "Hey, so... I was wondering..."

The prefect looked at him expectantly. "Yes?"

"C-could I have this dance?" His voice came out as almost a whisper, holding out his hand for them to take. He hoped they had heard him, with all the noise there was. It would be embarrassing to try and say it again...