CHAPTER 5 | THE NEWS

▪︎ ABEL'S POV ▪︎

After the whole incident with Beau's ex-lover Godrick, we immediately went to his pack doctor to confirm if he was just bluffing or not. With me grabbing his hand and intertwining it with mine, I could tell by his grip that he was definitely nervous.

Upon entering the clinic, I made Beau sit down on one of the unoccupied beds as I walked around the corner into their doctor's office.

"Ahh, what do I owe the pleasure of seeing the Vampire Lord today?" Ms. Sheila asks me with a smile.

"Well, I'm sure you heard by now, Beau's ex making an appearance and causing a scene - but as he was leaving, he said that Beau was pregnant... which - I mean, yeah, I could imagine that to be true, but since you know he's a jackass we decided to get a professional and expert opinion." I flat-out said.

Ms. Sheila puts her hand under her chin in a thinking manner before speaking again. "Alright, let me get my medical tools, and I'll be right there."

I nodded my head toward her as I left her office to do her thing. I made my way back to where my adorable mate was sitting as I told him earlier. Upon reaching him, Beau gave me a nervous look like he was preparing to get bad news or something.

"What did Sheila say? Is it bad?" Beau began to ask me.

I sat on the nearby chair next to his bed and grabbed his hand gently trying to make him feel better. "She'll be out in a second, love but you don't need to worry I'm right here with you." After I said that, Beau's face lit up a little bit from my comforting words. Never thought I see the "big bad alpha" be so.. so scared! It's like this side of him he was keeping to himself, but I suppose he has his reasons I guess - still I'm his mate!

"Don't you two look adorable just now! Ahh, my apologies Alpha, I suppose I can't help my excitement when I see you two together." Ms. Sheila says as she was coming into the main room while holding all of her stuff.

I looked towards Beau, and his face was basically a tomato at this point. I couldn't help but laugh at my mate's shyness whenever he gets like this. Honestly, if we weren't busy right now I would definitely bend his adorable ass over and fuck his lights out on this bed - ahh, maybe I'll save that excitement for another time. *chuckles*

"Alright so, there is a possibility that you could have gotten pregnant when you were in heat, and even more possible since your heats are irregular, but no worries that's why we are here to check, correct? So let's get to it!"

Ms. Sheila hooked up her baby monitor to Beau, putting on the gel toward his stomach to help with the process. Beau did a little flinch once the gel was placed on his stomach, which I'm assuming because it was cold - still was adorable in my eyes.

She then proceeded to move around the ultrasound remote to see if she could find the little dot or not. After what felt like five minutes had gone by, Dr. Sheila's face lit up with excitement.

"Okay, so if you look over here guys, on the screen right here is a black dot that looks like a little bean, but if you look closer and see that tiny little dot in the middle that is your child. So what I'm saying is, CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!" With that being said, all I could do at this moment was look at Beau, and to my surprise, he had a tear in his right eye.

I quickly grabbed his hands and hold them into mine. "Beau baby, are you okay?" I asked him. Beau was silent for a minute until he spoke to me. "We are pregnant, this is actually happening... I- wow this is a lot to take in oh my gawd" *nervously laughs*