The Walking Dead: S2

Guys we haven't even started and I'm already exhausted. We're covering the one, the only, the farm season. Now last time we covered the short and sweet, well not so sweet, but the 6 episode first season. This next one has more than doubled that with 13 episodes so needless to say we've got a lot more talk about. Since I already gave my prior experience with the series and an overview of the series as a whole in the last episode, I won't bother with all that in this one. I definitely took more notes than necessary again, so let's pray this doesn't come out to be 40 pages or something. I am learning, okay.

I really could talk about this season forever, but first a few warnings: this review contains excessive cursing (from me), descriptions of extreme violence, self harm, suicide, depression, PTSD and it covers the topic of pregnancy. Also, as always, it is full to the brim with spoilers so if you have not seen season two of the walking dead then what are you doing here, you gotta go my friend. Thanks for coming though! Let's get right into what the hell happened. SPOILER ALERT.

What the Hell Happened:

I just realized that the first episode titles of the season tend to line up with the comics. huh.

So we begin out on the road. Rick mentions on the radio to Morgan that they're headed to fort benning and it's been two days since the CDC. The RV has broken down, Daryl continues to think using a motorcycle is a good idea and Shane is teaching Andrea about how to use a gun. Rick notices a few zoms coming down the road towards them but realizes it's actually a whole herd. He tells everyone to hide under the cars. I guess this is the best option, but I feel like if it's the smell they detect like they've been saying it is, this really wouldn't have worked. Some are together, but of all people it's Rick, Carl and Sophia who are each alone. T dog tries to hide, but cuts his arm open badly on a door. It feels like they did this just to keep his character relevant. Daryl saves T dog, and they pile dead bodies on top of themselves to hide.

Sophia, terrified, peaks her head out and a walker sees her, reaches for her, and she runs out the other side of the car and into the woods with two walkers chasing her. Rick goes running after her. He actually catches up and tells Sophia to hide under this log cave while he kills the zombies, but while he's gone she is shown leaving the spot, for what seems to me like no reason at all. I didn't see any walkers or anything coming for her, but she just ran off anyway. That's the last anyone sees of her for some time.

Rick, Shane, Glenn and Daryl start the search for Sophia. Daryl and Rick kill a zombie with a bloated stomach to be certain it didn't eat Sophia. They cut it open and look inside its stomach, which really makes no sense. What are you expecting to find? Oh that's it! That's Sophia's collar bone! I know it when I see it, and this blonde hair must be hers and not any other blonde person around. I'm also not a hunter, so maybe Daryl gets something I don't.

Rick says they need a break when it gets dark because they're putting others at risk, which is totally fair, but the others say you can't stop looking now or she'll definitely die. Ricks making the big choices now. I believe they keep looking, but a few days pass.

Dale talks to T dog and reveals that he fixed the RV two days ago but doesn't want to say so because they're still looking for Sophia, and he's afraid people will want to leave before they find her. He also tries to make up with Andrea, but she's still pissed about the CDC.

The next day they're searching the forest again. Shane, Rick and Carl find a deer. I think this scene really shows their personalities as Shane draws his gun to shoot it, Carl walks toward it, and Rick slowly lowers his gun and smiles. To be fair, I would be worried Carl would scare it off. I don't know how well they're doing on food, but a big deer like that could feed them all well. I guess in this kind of environment you take what happy moments you can, instead of food. Wasn't happy for long though. A shot rips through the deer and into Carl.