Chapter 1

Adam Everfrost intentionally made sure to falter as he dodged the rock golems' attacks. He purposely held his strength back as he punched and kicked other golems and made sure to never move at his maximum speed. He managed to gain enough points so that he would remain in the middle or lower middle class rankings.

He didn't want to draw any attention to himself. If he went all in and put a hundred percent effort, he'd easily be able to become the top of his class. But that unnecessary attention would be detrimental to his mission. He wanted to remain blended in with the common crowd.

'Where is he?' Adam's eyes scanned his classmates as he traversed throughout the arena, dodging the punch golems and blade golems. 'I was told that my schedule was lined up to be exactly the same as my target's. Did Ashira Wattana skip intermediate survival class today? Isn't it his first day?'

Adam hissed as one of the blade golems managed to cut his forearm. He spun and kicked the golem in the chest, accidentally using a bit too much strength and shattering it with a single hit. 'I can't believe I foolishly let my guard down like this! Fortunately, it will help with my guise of being an inexperienced student like everyone else,'

Adam quickly assessed the wound he had received. It was shallow and hadn't hit any of his veins or arteries, so basic first aid once class was over would be fine. 

"Do you think this is a playground!?"

Curious, Adam glanced over to where Professor Stones was glaring at. Three students had been arguing with each other in the middle of the exercise.

"Seriously, if this was the Unknown World, you'd be gone by now!"

'Rookie mistake,' Adam thought. 'In a battle, the enemy doesn't care if you're in the middle of a conversation with others. They'll strike at any chance. The moment you take your eyes off your opponent is a moment of weakness that can determine whether you live or die,'

Adam observed them for a bit more. Since Ashira hadn't appeared yet, it'd do him good to learn more about his classmates and their properties. He watched as Kevalin J. Crafstman, also known as Kelson, created weapons out of emerald. He created emerald swords and an emerald hammer.

'He looks like he's almost at his limit though,' Adam noted how Kelson's movements had gotten slower and how his breathing had become more shallow and rapid with exhaustion. 

A stream of purple energy flew up into the sky from one of the arena entrances, catching everyone's attention.

'That energy,' Adam narrowed his eyes. 'There's no mistake,'

Ashira slammed his fist down onto the giant golem's head, destroying it with a single hit.

'That's Ashira Wattana, the asset that escaped the lab two years ago,'

The title The Blood Mage is a reference to Adam's property that he's keeping hidden from the academy, blood manipulation.
To simplify the explanation, think of Maehwa's powers from The Blood of the Butterfly. Adam is able to harden his blood into weapons like a scythe or several sharp crystals to stab people.

Adam Everfrost's family name comes from one of my old One Piece OCs, Dante Everfrost.
Adam's first name was just completely random since it was the first thing to pop into my head.
I'll probably draw a picture of Adam later.