Author's Notes

When a mysterious man moves into the house next to that of Skye Rowland, the entire neighbourhood starts buzzing. Not only does he hide out in his house every day, but he also only leaves through tinted cars. Many theories about his identity flood the town, such as the son of a millionaire, the president's son or even a serial killer.

Nope, he's just one of the world's biggest stars: Aidan Moore, who also happens to have abruptly disappeared from the public eye. And just like the millions of people who follow him, his new neighbour happens to be a huge fan of his. When Skye accidentally stumbles upon his identity one night, the game changes. Now, she has to help her idol live normally, all while their relationship grows to be more intimate.

***

Prompt: A new neighbor comes to town. Not a very social person, they hide out in their house every day, only leaving through tinted cars. Then, one night when you are going out, you look straight into the face of your idol.

***

DISCLAIMER:

This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events, is purely coincidental.

The author has spent a lot of time and effort producing this story. Please refrain from translating, copying and/or posting this story on other websites. Doing so by any means without the author's permission is illegal and punishable by law. Your support of the author's rights is appreciated.

The Moon to My Stars is only available on Wattpad. If you are reading this story on any other platform, you are likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original safe form, please search for @calistacyq on Wattpad.

Please inform me in the comments and/or on my message board if there are people who have stolen my work. Thank you.

***

My name is Calista, and this is my 2nd entry out of two to the Open Novella Contest 2023. This is my 5th year taking part in it. In previous years, I was too busy to complete my many entries (I couldn't control myself and decided to write THREE entries for the past three years – a big mistake). This year, I'm a bit freer, but I do wish to read many books in 2023, so I'd have to juggle between the two. I hope I can finish both of my entries this year!

In other news, please follow me on Instagram @calxwriter and Goodreads and the StoryGraph @calistacyq. You may also subscribe to my Telegram channel @calxwriter, where I post my reading and writing updates (mainly book quotes and links to my Goodreads reviews for now). Thank you for your support!

I hope you enjoy this story :)