happy beginnings

"take me through your mind"

[on my own - darci]

3rd-person ; 11:55 a.m

=====

Inside this prestigious school, Bokuto was literally dying.

When the hell is this class gonna end? Shouyou's shift is gonna end at 1:30 today. I'd like to see him at least once, thanks.

This class just keeps dragging on and on. Bokuto almost groaned out loud, itching to tell the professor to zip it shut and excuse them for the day.

But this time was good, in the end. Bokuto used it to think up a new plan to ask Shouyou out since the last time was an utter failure.

"Yep, yeah, so... Go out with me?"

"No can do, Kou. Now, go get to class!"

He had gone for the quick, unsubtle approach, and totally bombed.

Bokuto's sigh drew eyes over in his direction, but they didn't bother him at all. In fact, the one that seemed the most bothered was the teacher.

"Alright, since someone obviously doesn't care about world war I, we'll pack it up and call it a day. Make sure to-"

Bokuto was already packing his things up. The teacher sighed as if this was the first time this has happened.

He raced out of the classroom before any of his annoying classmates could catch him and headed right down the stairs to the first floor.

There are no club activities today, so he and Shouyou will be able to have at least an hour together. Bokuto could buy them lunch and they can talk and, who knows? Maybe today will be the day Shouyou accepts his dating proposal!

With that thought in mind, Bokuto started his car and began down the road as fast as the law would allow him to go.

-----

Bokuto's POV

"Kou, I'm working! Ah, here's a napkin, little one."

Shouyou handed some child a napkin from his apron and pulled his notepad from his pocket to seat another group of high schoolers that had just walked in and sat down.

"But you're always working~! Take a break for me, just for a little bit!"

He didn't seem to like that, but he glanced at his watch, and, as always, gave into my wants.

"My shift ends in about half an hour. If you really want to hang out that badly, take a seat over there and wait like a good boy."

Haha, he used to call me that when he babysat me as a kid, too.

"Fine~ Just come to me right after, please?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure thing."

Even though he obviously dismissed me, he still offered me one of his sweet little smiles that always have a way of warming my heart up.

I went over to the table in the back corner high on euphoria and all but melted in my seat. From the window, I could see people crowding around my car. It ticked me off before, but now, I don't even bother with them. They're just a bunch of pests, like moths around a lamp.

I turned back to Shouyou, and a smile graced my lips as I caught sight of him helping a child from the bathroom over to the table with her grandparents.