Chapter 1

Notes:
I was listing to Lana Del Rey, and I got the inspiration to write this, so idk what that says for the quality of the story but hey we ball'n

His scent filled the room as he closed the door. It felt like it was wrapping around me, filling all my senses. It was intoxicating and robust but not overwhelming, the perfect amount of cologne mixed so well with the sent of his cigars and his natural scent that it could be described as heaven. It was one of the first things you noticed when you met him. Aside from his handsome face, you were instantly drawn to his natural comfort, taking all opportunities possible to be near him to touch, whether it was brushing your hand against him ever so softly as you moved or sitting and standing next to him whenever you could, but you couldn't do that anymore it was getting too much the aching in you chest was almost unbearable now so you isolated yourself. Of course, he would notice he was a captain who cared greatly for his team. You hadn't noticed your eyes had been glued to him as you were lost in thought until he took a step inside, taking the lake of consent to come enough.

He didn't mention your staring as he stood waiting for you to be ready for a conversation. You had been starting so long that you were too embarrassed to form words. You only hoped he didn't think you were acting like a shy little girl. Eventually, you locked eyes with him. His eyes were soft and a little confused from this very out-of-character interaction. You liked to think you were more assertive, not taking bullshit and always getting straight to the point, but you couldn't bring yourself to start the conversation. All your words didn't seem right and fell heavy in your throat, not coming out. Eventually, you managed a very fake smile and a quiet "what is it, Sir" "I wanted to check in on you. I haven't seen you much since our last mission. If you need to talk, please talk to me. I'm always here to listen" shit he thinks your upset over the mission does he think your mentally unfit now or something "oh no I'm fine nothing to do with the mission I've just occupied with myself lately" you hoped that he would take it as you just were feeling less social you didn't want him to think you were a week or cracking just because you could handle a crush it was all it was a silly little crush on your boss it happens. "Ok, well, my offer still stands... he took a long breath, trying to catch your eyes. You're more than just my Sergeant; I want you to know that I didn't come here because I had to" what the hell does that mean? Your mind started racing at all the possibilities, and suddenly your mouth was taking your brain before you could catch up. "I'm what" fuck why did you say that? Now you've gone and made it awkward, stupid idiot. A very light blush formed, and his eyes widened ever so slightly. "I mean, I care about you all the 141 more than just being your captain" "ahh", that was all you could manage you just put the man on the stop, basically accusing him of something you didn't even know what for him just to be genuine and kind and you give him that. You opened your mouth again before closing it and turning it to the side.

You'd already made yourself a fool—no need to further it. Price took the hint you were done talking to him and turned away. He stooped with his hand on the door frame and looked back at you, smiling sweetly before grabbing the handle and closing the door "fuuuuck", you whispered into your hands "fuck, what was that, you idiot" you went and ran a cool shower? Standing under the water with your head under the faucet and letting the water run down your body was cold, but somehow forcing yourself to stay under the cold water helped you calm down hot water you found was great when you needed to let everything out have a massive release of emotions it happened a job this stressful and high stakes having taken peoples lives and seeing comrades die caught up to you every known and then and warm water was a comfort to cry in. Still, you didn't want to. You tried to calm the fuck down and get your head straight.

Price made his way to his office, locking the door and turning the lights on with a sigh. He sat down in his chair and opened one of the small drawers he keeps locked with a key pulling out a bottle of scotch and pouring it into the glass he had sitting on his desk. He took a long sip, letting it slide down his throat while still talking more before he stopped his half-empty glass. He welcomed the burn in his chest from drinking so much so quickly, anything to distract his thoughts of you. God, he didn't get it. Why wouldn't you talk to him? Why were you avoiding him? All of a sudden, did he do something to make you uncomfortable he wanted you to like him and feel comfortable around him. You were his best sniper, his only proper snipper. Everyone else was damn good at snipping, but nothing compared to you. It was your specialty that you moved up the ranks. He took another sip, finished the glass and refilled it before taking a small sip and turning his attention to his paperwork, hoping to drown himself in tedious paperwork to forget about you tonight. How quiet you were, and you had turned your head, waiting for him to leave, not wanting to even look at him. It hurt. He couldn't deny it. He felt a soft pull in his heart because you were hostile and avoidant towards him. After many more glasses, he finished his paperwork with nothing more to do. His attention landed on the clock. It was 2 in the morning. He needed to sleep. He settled on completing the almost empty bottle, the memory of your last mission coming into mind again. He had put you and Gaz with him while Soap and Ghost were together. He put you in an infiltrating role with him, and Gaz was that why you were upset, you were a snipper you killed from a distance. The only sent to you was the light gunpowder, never blood or sweat. Or you didn't like spending time with him.

Jonny was warm and light-hearted even on missions. Maybe that relaxed you helped you, or perhaps he was just an old bore who thought you enjoyed spending time with him. You always seemed to be around him. You'd come and sit with him in the rec room or assist him in cooking when you were all at safe houses. But maybe it was by chance. Perhaps he was overthinking it. The brief innocent touches were just that, and nothing more than not expecting you to care for him past being his captain. He was older than you, and you got along with soap and gaz the two men closer to your age. In reality, it made no sense for you to want to be around him. Why would you enjoy being around a grumpy older man who contently told you three to quiet down or to pay attention or who would grumble and moan in response to questions? Of course, you would be avoiding him. He was no comfort to be around. He reached for his bottle to pour more, but to his dismay, Price finished the bottle. He threw the bottle out and decided to go to the barracks. The walk may tire him more.