Joker

***
We've pretty much arrived at the part where I start meddling in affairs that don't concern me.

This was probably gonna backfire one way or the other ( but as you already guessed, it did). But can you blame? I was curious.
Ever since I overheard Georgia arguing with Aspen on the phone, alot of things started clearing up and I wondered how I hadn't seen it before.

Aspen had been a ghost since the school year began.

And trust me, that's a big deal. Aspen loved the spotlight more than anything in the world, everywhere she went, she always managed to grab their attention. So the fact that she hadn't made an appearance in quite some time was very unsettling.

Now that I look at it properly, it seems as though Aspen was distancing herself from her friends, but why?
I guess it had something to do with summer.

I flopped on my bed. This clearly wasn't a big deal, but it felt like one. And it sending me into a never ending spiral of "what if's".

Just then I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is It?" I yelled.

"It's Christian" his deep voice replied.

I took in sharp breath.

Great.

I sighed and went to open the door.
On the other side stood my Georgia's dad, my stepfather.

"Hello Christian" I said in monotone. Clearly not pleased with his sudden visit.

"Hey Summer, do you mind if I come in?" He asked politely. You see, sometimes he made so hard to hate him.

I simply shrugged and opened the door wider. He stepped in shortly afterwards, his business suit clad self looked pretty out of place in my girly bedroom.

"Did you need something?" I asked with a raised brow. Hopefully this wouldn't take much of my time.

"No, not really. I just wanted to check on you" he said with a small smile.

Strange.

"Uh huh"

"You know, wanted to see how you've started the year"

"It's been good so far" I tried to keep the sarcasm out of my tone.

"Anything interest you so far? Did you join any extra curriculars? Any new friends?" He was rambling now.

"Where are you going with this?" I asked pointedly.

He sighed.

"Okay fine. Look, it's just.. I know we don't exactly see eye to eye, but you know I trully want to have a relationship with you Summer. I thought I'd be nice if I asked you how you are you know? Because afterall you may not be related to me by blood, but you are just as much as my daughter as is Geor-" I cut  him off before he could continue.

"Let's get one thing clear Christian, you are not my father, nor will you ever be" my tone held so much venom that Christian took a step back.

He opened his mouth, then closed it again. He then sighed and turned to walk away.

And that's when the guilt hit me.

"I'm not trying to replace him you know, I just wanted you to know that you're never short of players on your team" he replied sadly.

My heart clenched. Why did I have to be such a bitch?

Just as he reached to grab the door handle, I called out to him.

"Christian, uh, wait. Um, I joined the Dance Team a few days ago, it's uh, really great" I said awkwardly, feeling incredibly guilty.

I thought he'd just walk away, but Christian was better than that. He simply smiled and said.