Chapter 6 - Angry Rabbit Goes too Far

Bold - Talking

Italics - Thinking

Italics underline - Author notes/speaking (most often surrounded by parentheses as well)

Bold Italics and Underline- Time/ POV/ Location Change

(Ok...this chapter will be where things truly reach a point of no return. Ending will be slightly abrupt as I still have no intention to directly describe any...vile actions. I made that decision and will stick to it. Bits and pieces of injuries may be briefly described at a point, but nothing in depth. For example, a broken wrist or bruise. Please proceed the next chapters with caution.)

Y/N felt off. 

He wasn't comfortable. 

His sense of smell picked up chemicals and medicine.

He tried to open his eyes but was blinded by what felt like the brightest white light he had ever seen. He heard voices start to talk about him but also to him. As he finally was able to clear his head and open his yes, he saw a boring shade of white. It was the ceiling, the bed sheets,....and pretty much everything else in a hospital room. He saw a female nurse and a male doctor in front of him. 

"Mr L/N, you're awake. I am Dr. Yin and this is Nurse Karma. It has been almost 20 hours since a concerned party brought you here. She thought you had been sleeping for a while before hand too. It appears, from your history in hospitals, that you have forgotten yet again the nap portion of your quirk. Please take better care and precaution." 

Dr. Yin continued to discuss some other things with Nurse Karma and Y/N, before Y/N looked around the room again. In the corner of the room, he saw a familiar woman with rabbit ears. Rumi was staring at him from the chair. Her face had marks from when she had obviously been crying at some point. The doctor and nurse seem to notice the eye contact of the two before explaining that they would be back soon to do some final testing before Y/N could leave. Y/N simply nodded to show he heard.

An awkward silence then commenced as neither had any idea what to say. It was obvious Rumi wanted to say something, anything even, with how hard and fast her foot thumped on the floor. She rubbed her face, removing any evidence she could of her sadness, with no luck of being able to remove the non iris redness of her eyes. Y/N took a sip of the water left near him before clearing his throat causing Rumi's ears to twitch.

"Uh so, R-Rumi...You brought me here? Well, t-thanks, I would likely have been fine but thank you anyway." Y/n had said with obvious nervousness in his voice. The two had not interacted in a bit and Y/n felt it was his fault. He did truly care about Rumi still, but he still felt the same way. He doesn't see them as any more than just very close friends. 

"Yeah, I knocked on your door but you didn't answer. I wanted to....Talk. I was concerned when the door wasn't answered, so I used the key I had still. And I couldn't fin you. And when I did, you wouldn't wake up. I got so scared and worried I decided to take you to the hospital." Rumi had said this not showing any of her knowledge of how he had been over the week of their lack of communication. He could never know she had been watching him. 

Y/N and Rumi had some small chat over the time waiting for the nurse and Dr to return. When they did, Rumi had to leave as much as she tried to refuse. She even almost tried calling herself his girlfriend (not only to stay but just to be able to hear herself be referred as it). She hated when Y/N scolded her and explained the staff had jobs to do. 

After about another 30 minutes, Y/N was able to be discharged. As he left the room, and was walking into the lobby, he could already hear the small familiar growl. He turned and saw Rumi standing near the entry/exit of the hospital. He sighed as he walked to the reception desk to discharge himself. After signing even more paperwork, he finally had all his stuff back and was walking out when he felt a familiar arm wrap around his shoulders. Rumi's arm to be exact. But something was different this time about it.