Dinner

JOSH
"Cmon Josh. Don't go. Spend some time with me!" Melanie says. I do but I don't want to go.
"Okay Melanie you have to understand that my mom doesn't let me skip these kind of things" I was being truthful. If I asked mom to skip it should would tell me no and say that I should stop asking if I already know the answer.
"But maybe you can ask her again" Melanie is sitting with me at the kitchen table. She's kind of clingy. Like she has nothing better to do than hangout with me. Which I find very hard to believe since she has a ton of friends and a lot of money.
"K look Mel. I wish I could stay" I lie "and spend time with you but I can't. I'm sorry...you should go I have to take a shower and get ready for dinner tonight" she looks a bit disappointed but she says ok kisses me and leaves. I let out a huge breath. I've spent everyday with her for the last week. God I need a fricken break. Mom and dad call me over and we leave. My hands start sweating as I'm looking out the window and we start getting closer and closer. We reach Corey's. As the elevator starts going up I start to mentally panic. I hope Maya hasn't said anything to Riley or anyone else. Yes we are both still minors but it doesn't matter. Our family will see it as wrong. So I really hope she hasn't said anything to anyone. We ring the bell and come in. Maya is no where is sight at the moment (thank god). The table is set and we all sit down. I don't say a thing pretty much the whole dinner. After dinner I ask to go out side for air. Corey tells me to go and I do. I step out and take a breath. I lean against the back of the cool bricks and breath. Just breath. I don't do much breathing. Mostly thinking. I feel the cold air on my skin crawling everywhere. I hear feet walking towards me. I look and it's Maya. I turn around and walk to other way. She just looks at me and heads inside. I stay outside until mom and dad come and get me to take me home. I was out there for a while. I look up to Riley's window. I see Maya looking down at our car. I give her a slight smile. She smiles back and the car takes off making her go blurry.