Prologue

"To love someone is to put your life on the line. I don't take it lightly." Nakamoto Yuta. "Female." 1936. Twelve years before the author's suicide.

...These are the words of a man famous for baring his soul - with all its flaws - upon the page.

A man I fell in love with, despite what might await me in the course of this romance. The pain, the darkness...

And if happiness itself was his greatest torment, I would chain him, my Lucifer, to a life in hell for love.

----------

...It turns out, a month isn't a very long time at all...

From the balcony of my room, I watched the rain drizzle down; static on a world I was soon to leave.

Had I ever gotten a clear view of the city? Not that a modern metropolis like Paris was so different from Tokyo.

But I was in 19th century Paris. At least, I was until today, when the last grain of sand would fall inside Namjoon's hourglass.

And then... I guess I go home...

It's so funny to look back on everything here at the end. This unbelievable story of mine...

Once upon a time, a girl ended up taking a wrong turn inside le Musée du Louvre and travelled back in time.

There, she met some of the most famous and talented men in history. Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, and the like.

They were plucked out of their original times by the mysterious Kim Namjoon, who brought them back as vampires.

...Though confused by her situation, the girl was welcomed warmly by the vampires and enjoyed a wonderful month at their side.

Because these historical vampires were really just regular, quirky, people with regular problems.

...And today, that story ends. A single chapter in my life. No, perhaps it'd be better to call it a short-story?

If it concerned matters of literature, I supposed I could always ask Yuta...

But would he give me a serious answer? I feel like he's the only one I still don't have a grasp on.

For all his mysteries, he sure was funny and fun to be around!

I giggled to myself, remembering his many antics. Suddenly, I spotted a kimono-clad figure in the garden.

Speak of the devil...!

...Um, why's he just standing there? And oh my gosh, where's his umbrella?!

I raced outside.

"Yuta-san, you're soaking wet! You didn't bring an umbrella with you when you went out?"

I grabbed his sleeve and shepherded him into the gazebo. Getting a better look at him, I saw he was soaked through.

Is this some new joke or is he just being spontaneous for the heck of it? You can never tell with Yuta-san!

I handed him a towel I'd grabbed on my way out, only to gasp when I looked up and saw his face.

...His amber eyes were a murky, storm water grey; his expression that of a man who'd given up feeling.

What's wrong with him? Did someone hurt him...?

"...I wanted to feel the cold and the wet of the rain." - "Why...?" - "I want to chill my heart. Then everything inside would go numb, and the pain would wash right off me with the water."

Oh my gosh... what's gotten into him today...?

I'd never seen someone encapsulate sadness with their whole being before.