2

Sorry for the cliff hanger. Here! Have a chapter to show how sorry I am.

***

Jason holds back tears, refusing to cry in front of these people, as he stares at Kit, Kit who'd become the closest friend he's ever had, someone he felt he could trust unconditionally. He watched as Kits face grins at Ras, eyes toxic green.

"Good," Ras smirked. "You will-"

" I will do nothing, " 'Kit' interrupted, grin dropping. " You do not control me. "

"You will do as I say!" Ras snarls.

" Or what? You can do nothing to us, we on the other hand, well, we gave you life, " their face twists into a crazed smile. " We can take it away. "

Ras freezes, fear flashing across his face, before he scowls.

"What do you want?" he grits out.

" We want nothing from you, we are leaving and we are taking the boy with us, " at that they turn to Jason, making him stiffen.

"Fine. Leave."

Talia releases her grip on him as 'Kit' walks out of the room, no one stopping them. Jason follows. He's not leaving Kit with whatever is possessing them. They walk in silence for hours, Jason thoughts swirling, but the pit being strangely calm, until the league is far far behind them. Eventually Kit stops and turns to him with a grin, inhuman features gone like they were never there.

"I can't believe that worked!"

"...what?"

&&&

"...what?"

"They believed I was possessed by the pit!" Kit replies.

"You... weren't?"

Kit turns to him, head tilted in confusion.

"No? I was acting."

"And the glowing eyes? Or the pointed ears and fangs? Or the voice?!"

Kit blinks.

"Well, I felt the fangs and heard the voice, but I didn't know about the rest. I guess that explains why they believed me!" They pout. "I guess it wasn't my acting skills then."

Jason sighs.

"So you weren't possessed by the things trapped in the pit?"

"Nah, they used me as an escape. It felt really weird, but they left pretty quickly."

"Then why did you look like that?"

"Well, apparently that's something I can do now!" they reply letting their features change to what they looked like earlier then back to normal. "The pit gave you anger issues and it gave me the ability to see... 'people' that no one else can, which I can't seem to turn off and I can make myself spooky for a bit? Why couldn't it have just given me... I dunno, the ability to fly or something. These powers suck."