Run away (1)

(TW: Dead pronouns are used at the start of the chapter by unaccepting parents on purpose any other times please let me know so I can fix it!)

Y/n treaded through their neighborhood with their bunny stuffy in hand, tears streaming down their face, soaking their fur; the tears reminded them of their mother, who had been found crying the night before.

"Tom, I can't handle her anymore!" There was a pause. "Her thinking she's not a girl hurts me, Thomas!" The mother cried out desperately,

"I will get rid of her tomorrow, Caramel, okay?" Tom said comfortingly with venom laced in his words but Y/n saw and heard everything and immediately grabbed their stuffy and scurried out of their house

'I want my bubby...' The small child whined at the thought and eventually fell to the floor, wailing out loudly, except this time their mama and bubby weren't there to comfort the toddler.

"Oh sweetheart, what's wrong?" A tanned female dog crouched and got onto the toddler's level.

"Mama and bubby don't love me anymore!" Y/N sobbed loudly, taking their hands and pulling at
their short and matted fur

The older female dog gently placed the child's hands down, saying, "Let's not do that, honey, and I'm sure they still love you." The beige dog attempted to soothe the child.

"No, I heard them last night! They wan' me go bye bye!" The child spoke in a high-pitched voice, missing a few words here and there, revealing their youth yet again. 

Her heart sank to the floor, and she immediately held out her arms for the child to run into them, and that's just what they did.

"Miss mama" the child sobbed loudly while the woman held the crying toddler in her arms and walked towards the door of her house

"Oh, baby," she said in a sad voice, attempting to give a small smile, hoping that it would bring the child some form of comfort.

Pulling out her keys, she swiftly unlocked the door.
"Bandit, come down for a second. I need you to see something." Her voice sounded alarmed, which immediately put Bandit on edge and made him race down the stairs.
"Chili, what's up?" He froze when he saw the child.

"Sweetie, can you go sit on the couch over there for a bit?" The female dog, who Y/n was assuming was named Chili, said softly to the child, and the child, having calmed down a bit, nodded shyly and sat down and curled up into a fetal position.

Y/n could see Chili and Bandit discussing in the kitchen but couldn't quite make out what they were saying, and eventually, after having not slept for a while, Y/n soon fell asleep.

TIME SKIP

Y/n woke up with Chili bathing the young child.
"Hi, love, what's your name?" Chili asked the younger one.

"I'm Y/d/n (your dead name)" The child muttered quietly, looking at their hands in slight disgust at their dead name.

Chili, realizing the child's discomfort, soon asked, "Do you not like your name, honey? Cause I think it's a wonderful name," Chili said, trying to comfort them.

"No! bad, bad name! I not a girl!" Y/n exclaimed loudly before crying once more. "Not girl, not girl!" Chili stopped cleaning their fur for a moment before saying

"Are you a boy then? It's okay if you are!" She asked them unsure

"No! Not a girl, not a boy! No!" The child wailed loudly before it clicked in Chili's head that the child was nonbinary, but they didn't know the words for it yet. Chili looked at them for a moment and smiled.

"That's okay, honey, thank you for telling me. Do you have a name you prefer?" She smiled as she continued to wash the dirt from their fur.

The child nodded meekly, a flush covering their face. (FROM EMBARRASSMENT, THERE ARE NO SHIPS IN THIS Y/N IS 3)

"Can you tell me what that name is, sweetheart?" Chili asked before grabbing the conditioner and massaging it into the child's scalp.

"Y/n..." Y/N spoke quietly, but you could tell they were overjoyed that someone had finally accepted them.

"Thank you, honey. I'm not rubbing your scalp too harshly, am I?" Just to be sure, Chili asked them.

"No mummy you aren't" The child said quietly before falling back asleep as Chili paused at what the child called them before softly smiling

ANOTHER TIMESKIP

The child awoke and it appeared to be night, and they saw two other children who appeared to be just a tad older than them asleep, but they heard the two adults downstairs speaking but couldn't figure out what they were saying, so they slowly stood up from the bed they'd been lying in and padded down the stairs with a bit of fear given they'd never gone up or down stairs before.

Chili and Bandit didn't seem to notice the toddler, so they began to listen in.

"Bandit, we can't just take them to an orphanage; they trust us already, and we can't break their trust like that." Chili reasoned with Bandit.

"I know, but how can we take care of another child?" Bandit asked Chili, who was also unsure.

Chili thought for a moment before coming up with a response: "I'm not sure, but we have to figure it out for their sake."

Bandit opened his mouth to continue, but when Chili gave him a death stare, he shut it and nodded.

"Okay, but how will the children respond? They think we are just babysitting them!" Bandit inquired with concern.

"We will figure it out eventually, okay? We'll take this to court tomorrow and have them officially adopted to us," Chili reassured Bandit.

The toddler didn't notice that they were crying, but this time they didn't feel sad; they felt an overabundance of joy and happiness swelling inside them. But soon enough, Chili and Bandit noticed the toddler.

Chili immediately raced over to the child.
"Honey, what's wrong?" Chili asked worriedly.

"You really want me?" Y/n questioned Chili and Bandit

"Of course we want you, honey!" Chili brought Y/N into a hug, and Bandit soon walked over and joined them in the hug.

After a few moments of just hugging, Chili looked at Y/N before asking them.
"Do you want to go back to bed, sweetie?" before Y/N looked a bit sadly and nodded yes.

"Okay, I will carry you back up the stairs and get you settled back into bed, honey," Chili said before the child loudly exclaimed,

"No! I don' want to go night night alone please!" In fear of being abandoned again, the child said aloud.

Chili looked at the toddler with a worried expression before replying, "Okay, I'm sure Bandit wouldn't mind you sleeping in our bed" Chili looked over to Bandit "Right?" Chili gave Bandit a look that read, 'You better say yes, or you are dead,' and Bandit nodded. 

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

A/n if I accidentally use she/her or he/him pronouns in this chapter please let me know because I am using a grammar checker for this and it sometimes changes the pronouns