Chapter 1

Bridgette PoV

Her Past

*Have you ever been Inlove ?

Horrible isn't it ? It makes you so vulnerable . It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and mess you up . You should build up all these defenses , you build up a whole suit of armor ,so that nothing can hurt you ,then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person , wanders into your stupid life .... You give them a piece of you . They didn't ask for it . They did something dumb one day like kiss you or smile at you , and then your life isn't your own anymore . Love takes hostages. It gets inside you .It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart . It hurts . Not just in the imagination . Not just in the mind . I'ts a soul-hurt , a real gets-inside -you-and-rips-you-apart-pain.

I Hate Love . -Neil Gaiman .

I close the book that I'm reading . That was exactly what I think about love . For me , love is just a piece of shit . People gets hurt because of it . But still, they keep on loving .

Its just a waste of time .

I'm so damn tired of seeing people with tears on their eyes because of that stupid love .

My mom ..... every night she was crying . Every minute , ever second she suffered so damn hard because of what my dad did to us .

He left us ..... He left us without giving any reasons .

Reasons why he just dumped us without any hesitations , as if we're just a piece of trash .

Curse that man . Curse him for making our lives - my mom life, so miserable .

Curse him to death .

Until the day that my mom died .

Still ,there's no sign of him . I hate him.No scratch that . I loathe him . I loathe him alot . My mom died because of him . And I will never forget that .

I was so down at that time . I felt so wasted . My life was a disaster .

Then I met Keila .

She became my bestfriend . She promised me that she will always be at my side . She promised me that she will not let anyone hurt me again . She promised me that she will love and takecare of me .

She reminded me of my mom . I felt so blessed at that time . I felt so happy .

But that happiness faded so fast . I guess its true that promise are meant to be broken . She left me and took away the guy that I love .

Yes , I once fell inlove . I fell deeply inlove with a guy . That guy is my first boyfriend but unfortunately , he is also my first heartbreak .

I have no idea that my bestfriend and my boyfriend we're cheating on me . And when I found out ? They left me .

They made me feel that i'm absolutely nothing .

On that day, I promised to myself that I will never trust someone again . I've had enough .

I stood up . I studied and worked hard . I learned to live without the help of others . I lived all by myself . And it turned my heart into stone .

And the word ' Love ' was already vanished on my mind . For me ? there's no such word as 'love'.

Love is bullshit . It's nonsense . It made me who I am right now .

And because of that I started to curse that thing called love .