Dysphoria ~ Kaedehara Kazuha (FTM reader insert)>Fluff<

I keep my head down as I walk out of the small room I've been staying in. I stumble a bit as the Crux Ship goes over a wave, but I've gotten pretty used to it by now.

My body feels like it absolutely hates me right now.

Being on the ship means early mornings, and with Captain Beidou in charge, late nights. She won't let underage people drink, but still makes them come to her little "nightly celebrations." She'll give them apple juice or something.

The celebrations are loud. I hate being there.

Luckily, I have Kazuha. He seems to understand me quite well, especially for only having just met me four days ago.

He can see when the celebrations are becoming too much for me. He always takes my hand, and we go up to a higher part of the ship. A part that's unoccupied, and while we can still hear the cheering and laughter, it's much quieter.

He sings soft songs, or tells me some poems he's written. He always has a way to calm me down.

Today, however. I'm fighting through the pain of binding too much.

No one on this ship knows, and I'd rather them not know. Dealing with the pain is just a side effect I will have to deal with.

However, something I completely forgot to plan for happened. The time of month when my dysphoria is at its worst. And I completely forgot to bring anything for it.

"Good morning, Y/n. The breeze is most pleasant today, wouldn't you agree?" A voice, which I immediately recognized as Kazuha's, pulled me from my thoughts.

"O-oh, morning, Kazhua. Uh, yeah the breeze is l-lovely.

Kazuha frowned, "What's wrong?"

"I-it's nothing."

"You know you can talk to me. I might not always be able to give advice, but I will still listen. I never judge others for what they tell me, and if you want it to be a secret, I will protect that secret with my life."

"It's not that serious," I chuckled lightly.

I looked down, wondering if I should tell him the truth. He seems trustworthy, and I guess I need to tell someone. Maybe he could help me.

I took a deep breath. "Can we talk? Somewhere away from everyone else?"

"Of course, Y/n."

Kazuha held his hand out, which I hesitantly took. He created bursts of wind, slowly taking us up to the unoccupied place we usually go to.

"Whenever you're ready, you can tell me. There's no rush."

We stayed silent, listening to the quiet wind, and soft movement of the water.

"Kazuha, I don't want anyone else to know this, but," I took another deep breath, "I-I'm trans."

Kazuha smiled softly, "have I been using the right pronouns and name?"

"Yes, don't worry. I'm trans male. Guess I should've specified that, huh?" I laughed awkwardly.

"That's alright, Y/n. Take your time. So I guess that means you bind, right? Have you been safe with that?"

"Oh, well, uh..."

"You've been binding every day, haven't you?"

"Y-yeah," I put my head down.

"That's alright, but it isn't very healthy. Captain Beidou is very supportive, she even has materials and advice she could give you. Of course, that's only if you want her to know."

"A-actually, Kazuha, uh...it's also...that time of the month, and uh..."

"If you don't have anything packed, I can go ask her. In fact, she doesn't even have to know it's you specifically. I could tell her it's for anyone on this ship, there's lots of people."

"R-really?"

"Of course. Would you like me to do that? I can meet you back at your room, if you'd like."

"Yes, thank you so much! You're the best!" I pulled him into a hug. He was surprised at first, but hugged back after a second.

He took us both back down, letting me go into my room. He disappeared to go find Captain Beidou.

After a few minutes, there was a knock at my door. I hesitantly opened the door, and let out a sigh of relief at the sight of Kazuha. I opened the door more, allowing him into the room, and shut it behind him.

"Captain Beidou gave me these," he opened a bag, that had numerous things in it. "She didn't know what kind of monthly products you used, so she gave you a variety of options. She also gave this, a new way to bind that won't be so painfully restricting like a binder." He pointed out some KT tape that was in the bag.

I gave him a big smile, "thank you so much for this, Kazuha. I really appreciate it."

"It wasn't a problem," he smiled softly back.

"You can wait here, if you want. You don't have to, I can go find you when I'm done. I have to shower," I said, walking to the door that led into a small bathroom.

"I don't mind waiting. I'll write some poetry until you're done."

I smiled at him again, "alright then, and thanks again."

I disappeared into the bathroom. A while later, I went back out, finding Kazuha sitting on the edge of my bed, completely lost in thought. I sat next to him in silence, but he didn't even react.

I decided not to bother him, and looked over at what he was writing. Another poem about the sea.

"Oh, Y/n. When did you get here?" He asked.

"Just a minute ago," I laughed.

"I see. I was just thinking of the last line for this poem, I'm not sure what to write. Any ideas?"

"I've never written a poem, so I've got nothing. Sorry, Kazuha."

"Don't worry. The line will come to me sooner or later. How are you feeling?"

"A lot better, I'm really grateful to have you as a friend."

Kazuha smiled, "maybe my next poem will be about you."

"I don't think I deserve the honor of being the one Kaedehara Kazuha writes about in his poem," I joked, making him laugh softly.

The next few hours were spent by Kazuha telling me more of his poems, until I drifted to sleep.