"Tell me that when you're sober" ~ AlKaveh >Angst/Fluff<

"Kaveh-"

"Shut it."

Alhaitham's eyes widened at the tone in Kaveh's voice. It was much different than before.

Kaveh clenched his fists and turned hit back to Alhaitham.

"Listen to me," Alhaitham tried reaching for Kaveh's wrist, but the blonde pulled away.

"You don't care about me at all. I'll just find somewhere else to live, even if it means going back to living on the streets."

Alhaitham gasped as he tried reaching for Kaveh again, only to be met with the blonde's fist forcefully punching his face.

"Leave me alone, Alhaitham!" Kaveh snapped, before taking a step back and realizing what he had done.

He had punched Alhaitham with enough force that the taller had lost his balance and fell to the floor, now staring up at Kaveh with wide eyes.

Kaveh's lip trembled, and he quickly turned and ran out of the house, slamming the door behind him. He ran as fast as he could, taking the first turn he could find, so he would be out of sight by the time Alhaitham got outside.

Kaveh soon found himself trying to catch his breath, as he leaned against the wall of a building. He wasn't the type to run like that very often.

Kaveh began taking in his surroundings, soon recognizing where he was.

Amongst the chatter of the nearby civilians, one particular voice stood out.

"Kaveh!" Alhaitham shouted.

"Shit, how did he get here so quickly?" Kaveh muttered, before quickly going into the building he had been standing against.

He felt his pockets, finding his bag of Mora. He walked over to the counter of the Tavern, dumping the Mora, and counting it.

"I'll take whatever this is worth," Kaveh sighed at the few coins in his palm.

He heard the Tavern door open, quickly ducking when he seen who had opened it.

"Tell him I'm not here, please," Kaveh whispered, as he moved as quickly as he could to hide.

"Hello, have you seen a blonde male, slightly shorter than me, a feather and red clips in his hair?" Alhaitham asked at the counter.

"He just left, I think," the man answered.

"Okay, thank you." Alhaitham sighed, and took one more look around the Tavern before leaving.

Kaveh, who somehow managed to sneak behind the counter, sighed in relief.

"Hey, get the hell out from behind here!" The man shouted, making Kaveh flinch and quickly run back to where he was previously sitting.

"Thanks," Kaveh said as he was handed a drink.

"Kaveh!" Alhaitham called as he walked through the streets of Sumeru City. He could feel the cold creep in as the sun set.

"Kaveh!" He called again, ignoring the stinging in his face from where he was punched previously.

He looked around, trying to decide if he should get the Matra to help. Was this really a Matra-level situation?

"Kaveh!" He called one more time, before finally deciding to give up.

He knew Kaveh was smart. The blonde would either find somewhere to stay for the night, or he would return to Alhaitham's house.

"If he's not back by noon tomorrow, I'm getting the Matra," Alhaitham decided.

And with that, the gray-haired male began making his way back to his house.