VII

Cyan

Me and Shay were currently out eating brunch at Bacchanalia just catching up and relaxing. It's been awhile since I got out the house for something other than work so this was very well needed.

"Bitch who is this mystery nigga that got you not spending time with me no more?" i asked her.

"Girl, I just saw you last week cut the dramatics" she said laughing.

"So, that still don't answer my question" i said taking a bite of my food. It wasn't all that but I was high and hungry as fuck so I kept eating it.

"Welllll, his name is Monti" she said looking off and twisting her lips to the side.

My mouth dropped, "Bitch Monti the security at the shop?"

"Yes, you know I be closing up late some nights so he'll stay back until I leave. We started with small talk here and there just passing time but then I really started to like talking to him. Like, he is so intelligent and sweet" she said trying not to smile. "Long story short, he asked me on a date and it was so amazing. He drove me down to the beach and we watched the sunset and just got to know each other better. We haven't made anything official, we've just been kicking it and going on small dates since."

I couldn't help the smile that broke out on my face. I was so happy for her.

"Awww, oh my gosh that's so cute. I'm so happy you're enjoying your time with him. I hope he continues to treat you like the queen you are, you absolutely deserve it." i told her.

"Thank you Cy" she said smiling. "What about you? You been real ducked off lately yourself."

"Girl, I'm not dealing with nobody right now. I might've had sex with Ryan two weeks ago though" i said mumbling the last part a little quite.

"Oh bitch you so lucky we in this restaurant so I can't cuss you out." she said giving me a death stare. "Was it good?"

"It was GREAT" i said. "I just don't know if it was a good idea. Since then, Ryan been trying to make things more but I keep telling her I don't think it's a good time. I'm very interested in her and I keep telling her that, but I just don't think she's fully over what happened and I don't want that to be an issue if we were to get together. I've been in that situation before and I refuse to do it again, I don't like feeling like the last choice and I don't want to be a rebound."

"Yeah, I definitely get that. What did she say to you saying all that?" she asked me.

"She said that i'm just making excuses because I don't want to commit. She hasn't tried to be understanding at all and it sucks because i'm really only saying not right now because i'm concerned about her well being. I keep explaining it to her but she just won't get it" i said sighing.

The whole situation has been stressing me out. We've been arguing back and forth the past couple of days about it and it was overwhelming me. I don't do good with confrontation and usually I'll just shut down all communication or remove myself but I don't want to do that with Ryan. I just want her to understand so we can just slowly work our way up to it but everything I say just goes in one ear and out the other.

"I'm just close to just wiping my hands with it and not stressing myself out, I can't keep explaining the same thing over and over." i said truthfully.

"Yeah, I don't think she's thinking about what you want or what would be best for you. It sounds like she just wants you and expects you to just follow along. I don't fuck with that" she said scrunching her face up.

"Yeah it's whatever though, like I said I can't keep stressing myself out" i said taking a sip of my mimosa.

~