004

A NEW HOME.

— chapter four

Luke looked green as Monterys and Jace sat side-by-side, hushed conversations between the trio being the main entertainment for them over the last two days. As much as the two eldest had tried, none of their comforting had done Luke much good in feeling sea-sick as he did, and so they tended to not bring it up at all.

( Their goodbye's had been brief, but those the cause of the departure had been present. And for once, Monterys thought that Alicent looked remorseful, staring at Rhaenyra's frame as she held her youngest to her chest.

It was somewhat the same as Monterys and Aemond looked upon one another. The Uncle's lips dipped downwards, saddened by the loss of a friend from the Keep, and he hadn't been able to maintain eye contact.

"We shall write letters," Monterys promise surprised the Queen, who glanced to them. Her eyes, already soft from staring toward the Princess, flickered between the two children, and completely ignored the tired yawn from Aegon, "Maybe. . . maybe you could visit if I could not. Dragonstone has unclaimed dragons."

That had not been enough for Aemond's sadness to uplift and the sight pained Alicent's heart, reminded of. . .

Her eyes had gone back to Rhaenyra, knowing who it had reminded her of.

"We shall send an invitation for you after some time settling upon Dragonstone, Prince Monterys," Queen Alicent's words had caused several pairs of eyes to rest upon her, some confused and others hesitant at the sudden show of kindness. Her hand rested on her second son's shoulder, "My son and I would like that, wouldn't we, Aemond?"

And Aemond had looked up to his Mother, a smile growing rather quickly. "Yes," He nodded, eyes darting back to his nephew. The said nephew who grinned, a little back to his old cheeky self, "I would like that."

Alicent was sure it was not just her who thought of another as she watched the pair depart. )

"Could we share chambers?"

"No," Monterys had immediately answered Luke's hopeful question on the first day of travel. Monterys had gone on to promise his brother that he could still come to him when Luke suffered with nightmares, but they were old enough now not to go back to sharing chambers.

Laenor had hid his laugh at that.

"Luke, look," Monterys grabbed his brother's arm, pulling him toward the side of the ship. And Luke was quick to wrap his smaller fingers around Monterys' own, "We're almost at the docks to Dragonstone." That brought excitement back into the little body of the boy.

From above, the dragons that had flown with them roared and flew ahead. Arrax and Vermax were on another ship, Arrax small and concern lay for Vermax growing tired, whilst Seasmoke and Syrax led Vraxes.

The young boy could feel the excitement, his eyes following the dark wings of his dragon up high, and a grin decorated his lips. To be here at Dragonstone was better for their dragons, not just for their family.

They'd be happy here.

"Father —!" Luke was pointing, his hand shaking.