seventeen

Not a new chapter just corrected a mistake, autocorrect changed ginger's to fingers and yeah nice

The bell rings and it's now lunchtime. We make our way to classroom 5 to meet up with the others and eat lunch.

"Y/n." Shinobu appears next to me.

"Yeah?"

"Explain." She pokes at the embroiled name on the jacket's sleeve.

"Kaeya dragged me outside and I got soaked in the rain, he gave me his jacket." I avoid her eyes.

"Aha now what's that rumour about you kissing him?"

I feel my face heat up.

"That didn't happen." I put my hands in the pockets.

"Don't lie to me. You always hide your hands when you're lying. What happened."

"He kissed me, I don't know ok. It just happened." I mumble cursing her out in my mind for being this sharp.

"And now? Did he confess or something?" She sounds stern.

"No..."

"I'm going to kill him..." She clenches her fists.

"Please don't, it'll look bad on your resume."

We arrive at the classroom where the others are already present. There's an ominous vibe hanging around Xiao.

"Hey guys." I make my way to the windowsill and sit down.

"Hi y/n." Thoma looks even worse than Xiao. "A word?"

"You did what?!"

"Keep your voice down, christ. It wasn't all that bad ok? Amano looks worse." I sigh and lean against the door of the classroom.

"That bastard... Are you okay?"

I told Thoma about the fight of yesterday, thankfully Xiao kept his word and didn't tell anyone anything and the rumours about me and Scara kissing haven't reached Thoma's ears yet.

"I'm fine, just scared for Yoimiya. Who knows what that asshole might do next..." I really am worried, he took it to a next level with the fight.

The door opens, making me lose my balance.

"Oh-"

I almost fall but Itto is quick to pick me up.

"Gotcha." He grins proudly at his successful save.

"Please put me down." He literally holds me like a cat in front of him.

"Ah sorry." He puts me down. "I'm going to get some crisps, do you guys want anything?"

"I'm fine." Thoma smiles.

"I'll take some bolognese ones."

"Alrighty, two paprika, one natural and one bolognese, be right back." He walks off to the south wing cafeteria.

"Let's get back inside." Thoma says and I just follow him.

Scaramouche sits next to me in the windowsill, stealing half of my crisps. I would scold him but it feels too awkward.

Are people supposed to talk about stuff like this? Do I just let it be? What do I do?

"Earth to Y/n." He waves a hand in front of my face.

"Huh, oh hi." I look back to him. "What were you saying?"

He places a hand on my forehead.

"You're kind of warm, did you catch a cold?"