Chapter 41

Christian kept to his promise. For the rest of the night and well into the morning he made love to me. In the shower, on the bathroom counter, in the kitchen while I was "trying" to fix us something to eat. What a way to bring in the New Year though. By eight in the morning we finally both passed out on the couch only to be woken up around ten by Aspen whimpering to go outside. Christian was a sweetheart and told me to stay where I was and that he'll do it.

After letting Aspen out and making sure he was feed Christian and I finally crawled into bed but that was short lived because just soon after, all the Grey's arrived home.

For the next two days we all stayed at the house and just hung out watching movies, played cards, go for walks as a family. As much fun as I had in Aspen I can't wait to get back to Seattle and start my new life with Christian. I have also been thinking a lot about what Christian had said to me the other night about Elena, and the fact that he is worried that she will do something to pull us apart. I don't want him to live with that fear.

Now that the light is off I can move freely around the cabin of Christian's jet. I have been sitting with Kate and Mia talking about starting my business. They have been slowly trying to talk me into letting Christian loan me the money. The problem is I have no clue how much it would even cost to get me started. I need to do a lot of research first. But I'm starting to think what Gail told me. Rent a small space on the weekends at the Farmers Market. Maybe a year or two of that, then I'll have enough money to start looking for a store front.

While Kate and Mia are trying to think of color schemes for the inside of my nonexistent shop, I remove my seatbelt and head to the back of the plane to talk to Christian.

Christian is sitting there looking out of the window with a tumbler of amber colored liquid in his hand.

"Hey" I smile at him as he sips his drink.

"Hey"

"Whatcha doing all the way back here away from everybody?"

"Just wanted to be by myself for a little while, you know to think about a few things"

"Like what?" I ask.

"Just....." He stops.

"Christian what is it? What's bothering you?"

"I just can't stop thinking about Elena. I know you want me to trust her, but I'm sorry I just can't. I just can't understand how you can just forgive her so easily"

"It's easier said than done. I might have told her I have forgiven her, but in all honesty Christian I really haven't. I will never truly forgive her for what she has done to you. That will always haunted me for the rest of my life. But will destroying her won't change anything. She will still be that woman who did all those things to you"

"I know and I fucking hate it"

"What can I do to help ease your mind?"